coursing at Drax

my grandad still tells tales of coursing hares at drax nr selby in the 50's and 60's with his greys n lurchers! says he had one very useful bitch called lucy pure greyhound that could catch any hare. i would have loved to be ther to witness but guess im gunna have to take his word ha ha . any lads on here used to go coursing at Drax and was it as good as he says?

Out of interest , i travel to Hull from Midlands regular , and often wonder does that land at Selby , Goole still hold much stuff , as i see roe where the M18 meets the M62 ?

only been once myself mate saw 20+ hares and a couple of roe ,put it this way i wish it was on my permission slips ha ah

Out of interest , i travel to Hull from Midlands regular , and often wonder does that land at Selby , Goole still hold much stuff , as i see roe where the M18 meets the M62 ?

sorry to go off topic but did you ever get that bull cross that was took off your lad mate or found out who did chers

sorry to go off topic but did you ever get that bull cross that was took off your lad mate or found out who did chers

Yes mate we got him back in a week , he was a p***y and his own folks handed him in , it was dealt with ! Unfortunately the dog was killed out lamping 6mths later , gutted i was .

thats what the old boy says mate , i dare bet me grandrad would know you poacher hes from south elmsall/ upton area

I carnt say as i knew anybody from that area.Their was two lads who turned up at one of the meets called Ray [bant] walker and his mate Gary Allot both had heads like buckets and a pair of arrogant c@nts i found.

its full of roe there mate i seen 15 in the space of 8 mile some nice bucks amongst them aswell :thumbs:

thats what the old boy says mate , i dare bet me grandrad would know you poacher hes from south elmsall/ upton area

I carnt say as i knew anybody from that area.Their was two lads who turned up at one of the meets called Ray [bant] walker and his mate Gary Allot both had heads like buckets and a pair of arrogant c@nts i found.

Dead now ray walker ledston keeper