When i was keepering i only shot one fox that was giving me ALOT of bother. Other than that one i never had any trouble from them at all. Id rather have gone out for a few hours with the terriers but couldnt ever find the time so i just left them be

I have shot 42 so far this year. :gunsmilie:

get a camera.....

thanks for the suggestion, but I took photos of all of them on my mobile :thumbs: ... any other ideas? :whistling:

get a DOG ?

Not my cup of tea I am afraid ..... nice try though lol !

I can't see anything wrong with the thread question... nothing to stop the non-shooting lads to maybe have a crack at a sensible answer for a change instead of the same old boring shit :thumbdown: Thats's why is was posted in the GENERAL section... dumb ass.

Six by the way mate... should have been more :thumbs:

Edited by Local

Fair enough if you HAVE to kill them because they are genuinely causing a problem. It's just my opinion but i dont see the sport, fun or attraction in sitting on your arse, calling them in and dropping them from across a field with a rifle, it's pretty easy and i always find for those lads it's all about numbers, taking photos on their mobile and sticking them on websites so they can feel like a big hunter. It's not hunting it's just shooting (thats just my opinion). It's also funny how many of them say 'i'm looking for new permission as i seen to have killed ALL the foxes on mine' and how many ramble on about 'pest control' when they are driving huge tracts of arable land seeking them out. I don't agree with doing the same with dogs either before anyone jumps on me.

i was only wondering how many people have been having. not necessarily shot just seen.

but i run a wild bird shoot and every bird counts to me not like some commercial shoots, and if every bird matters so does every thing thats going to take them stoats foxes etc. lol thanks for input tho lads lol :thumbs:

Fair enough if you HAVE to kill them because they are genuinely causing a problem. It's just my opinion but i dont see the sport, fun or attraction in sitting on your arse, calling them in and dropping them from across a field with a rifle, it's pretty easy and i always find for those lads it's all about numbers, taking photos on their mobile and sticking them on websites so they can feel like a big hunter. It's not hunting it's just shooting (thats just my opinion). It's also funny how many of them say 'i'm looking for new permission as i seen to have killed ALL the foxes on mine' and how many ramble on about 'pest control' when they are driving huge tracts of arable land seeking them out. I don't agree with doing the same with dogs either before anyone jumps on me.

Until the hunting with dogs ban is overturned (which I am in favour of being overturned by the way!), to a certain degree I think think the subject of foxing with rifles is always going to get the back up of the guys that have dogs and I would be fairly confident to say that if the law changed the forum would have more photos of foxes being posted on the dog section than on the shooting section, and I would have no problem with that at all. As has been often said there are good and bad in every sport. :thumbs: