dogo argentino

I know of a few lads on here who work the dogo and i am very intrested in the breed they fascinate me and i was just wondering weather there is anyway you can get around the ban in britian to get one of these dogs not to work but just as a pet any help or advise would be very gratefully reseved.

thanks anthonytomo

lads im not bieng funny most of use have bull cross there banned i asked a question i no u cant inport them ino there banned but what i was asking is can you get a liciences to own one of these dogs with reqirements ie always wear a muzzel must always be on a lead i didnt start this topics to start a arguement but to see weather you can go about getting one legally and stay by the giude lines

ino there not pets mate but if there is anyway around the legal limits im sure thats all it would be able to be i would love to work one an train one to be a gaurd dog but let be honest there banned and there is no way you would be allowed to have it for anything else if at all

There was some "White Mastiffs" on EPUPZ in Lincolnshire.. :whistling:

I think a few members will find this of interest.. Read the whole article and the comments..

http://www.dogworld..../37-Front-Cover

To be honest, why would you want one as a guard ? They're not meant for that job.. The only examples of the breed I've seen are two now very old Dogo's in Holland.. And they had good temperments, it's the twats on the other end of the lead.. :wallbash:

Edited by Borat

lads im not bieng funny most of use have bull cross there banned i asked a question i no u cant inport them ino there banned but what i was asking is can you get a liciences to own one of these dogs with reqirements ie always wear a muzzel must always be on a lead i didnt start this topics to start a arguement but to see weather you can go about getting one legally and stay by the giude lines

i think the only way around it would be if you get caught with 1 in the uk and told them it was a x ... then when they test it and if it is a pet they will get it snipped, chipped and do what you said and keep between the lines :thumbs:

thats why i said as a pet mate i realy dont care weather its to work or have as a pet i just think there fascinating and id like to experience owning one of these magnificient dogs in the future its an life long ambition to but seem i would have to move to get one

Then move out of the UK.. :D

i had one few years back. lovely dog he wouldnt let anyone in the house. he had such a strong prey drive. i lived abroad with him. but the only thing is if you make mistake with them it would rip u up. you couldnt f@@k around with him. mine we didnt want a guard but he slipped into that role straight away. fantastic animal he really did think he was invincible lol. i wil try and stick a pick up of him. he caught a few bits lol

post-52306-057482700 1285624800_thumb.jpg

• Like 1