12hr hunt with the kings of swindon

hunter1989

hi hunters

last night i went over to davy63 permission in swindon,and had a 12hr shoot with him and also alex and charlie.

first was first and alex needed to test his scopes to make sure they were on target.When davy and alex were sorting the scopes out charlie took me round the permission and showed me the warrens and oh boy they were big warrens.charlie then decided we would wait by the big warren for a little while and see if any bunnys came out.on the side of the warren i was watching they started to come out.i placed 3 shot which all missed :icon_redface:.charlie was watching the warren with his night vision when he saw a minxs working the warren :no: after not much action on his side the rabbits that were on my side had all gone.I gave it 15-20mins before shining the warren again.When i did i saw the minxs just about to work my side of the warrens :censored: me and charlie knew that the rabbits wouldnt be out for some time so we headed of to another part of the permission.

After a walk about the permission it was time to meet back up with the lads davy and alex which davy had his first kill of the night,in winds and around 45-50 yards head shot :thumbs:

after a cuppa and a chat,charlie went for a lamp in his jeep and me alex and davy went back to the warren.

when we arrived there,there must of been around 4-6 rabbits out.So we slowly walk to the front of the warren and all got prone.wasnt long before they started coming out still me and alex did not have a kill yet.

:hmm:

Me and Alex were sat there watching the warren when davy was of snorning again,we knew it wouldnt be long :whistling:

anyway

s me and alex decided to walk around the edge of the feild to see if we could get are bunnies,as we was walking down the left hand side of the permission i shined the lamp and saw to little eyes light up around 20-25 yards.I took my aim and pulled the trigger,and he was down :boogie: .Now just alex to get,he shined his lamp near the gates and saw his bunnie watching him,the rabbits must of been around 20-25 yards,so alex takes aim and pulles the trigger,the rabbit jump down the warren lil shit.

anyways time to go back for a cuppa,instead of a cuppa davy brought out the soup and nice it was to,quickly followed by charlies lemon cakes and milky ways went down a treat.

DSC03968.jpg

Now it was time for a lamp for charlies 4x4 class.so all four of us in the jeep locked and loaded.rabbits bloody everywhere i was one shot straight after another but was tricky with the wind.anyways wasnt long after i poped one on a bank.when i went to get it couldnt see it grass was to long,then davy poped another one.

so not a bad night at all,well i loved ever second of it.

just would like to say thanks to Alex Charlie and davy for letting me shoot there permission with them and also letting me take all the rabbits for me dogs and ferrets.

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03969.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

THIS IS MY NEW S410 THAT DAVY GAVE ME(NOT)

DSC03971.jpg

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03973.jpg

DSC03974.jpg

sorry no pics of me as forgot to ask someone to take some what a nob lol

atb steve,charlie,alex and the snorer

more post coming soon

Edited by hunter1989
  • Like 5

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi hunters   last night i went over to davy63 permission in swindon,and had a 12hr shoot with him and also alex and charlie. first was first and alex needed to test his scopes to make sure they wer

hi pal   not being rude,but matt-hooks has his own choice of hunting quarry,i thought it was good to she him working the warrens, i put this tread up just to say how good mine,davy,charlie and alex

hi guys,sorry.i got a bee in my bonnet.ive calmd down now,but it woz great to watch.everyone sees things through thier own eyes.sorry phantom and matt. regards charlie

Great write up that Hunter :thumbs:

Glad you all had a really nice time and got to meet and shoot together.

Davy looks 10 years younger now without his tash :thumbs:

Best wishes

Si

hi zini

yh was a great time thanks,very nice people and im sure i will be putting more post of us lot up soon :victory:

atb pal

Sounds like yaw'l had a load of fun :gunsmilie:

SPA for the enthusiastic write up :gunsmilie:

Took me a while to figure out what you meant by minxs though :doh: I looked it up on Google and there are some interesting results shown when you turn off the "Safe Search" filter :angel:

Then I realized (on a suggestion from google) that you meant Minks :yes: You should have shot the bugger :thumbs:

Phantom

hi hunters

last night i went over to davy63 permission in swindon,and had a 12hr shoot with him and also alex and charlie.

first was first and alex needed to test his scopes to make sure they were on target.When davy and alex were sorting the scopes out charlie took me round the permission and showed me the warrens and oh boy they were big warrens.charlie then decided we would wait by the big warren for a little while and see if any bunnys came out.on the side of the warren i was watching they started to come out.i placed 3 shot which all missed :icon_redface:.charlie was watching the warren with his night vision when he saw a minxs working the warren :no: after not much action on his side the rabbits that were on my side had all gone.I gave it 15-20mins before shining the warren again.When i did i saw the minxs just about to work my side of the warrens :censored: me and charlie knew that the rabbits wouldnt be out for some time so we headed of to another part of the permission.

After a walk about the permission it was time to meet back up with the lads davy and alex which davy had his first kill of the night,in winds and around 45-50 yards head shot

after a cuppa and a chat,charlie went for a lamp in his jeep and me alex and davy went back to the warren.

when we arrived there,there must of been around 4-6 rabbits out.So we slowly walk to the front of the warren and all got prone.wasnt long before they started coming out still me and alex did not have a kill yet.

Me and Alex were sat there watching the warren when davy was of snorning again,we knew it wouldnt be long :whistling:

anyway

s me and alex decided to walk around the edge of the feild to see if we could get are bunnies,as we was walking down the left hand side of the permission i shined the lamp and saw to little eyes light up around 20-25 yards.I took my aim and pulled the trigger,and he was down .Now just alex to get,he shined his lamp near the gates and saw his bunnie watching him,the rabbits must of been around 20-25 yards,so alex takes aim and pulles the trigger,the rabbit jump down the warren lil shit.

anyways time to go back for a cuppa,instead of a cuppa davy brought out the soup and nice it was to,quickly followed by charlies lemon cakes and milky ways went down a treat.

DSC03968.jpg

Now it was time for a lamp for charlies 4x4 class.so all four of us in the jeep locked and loaded.rabbits bloody everywhere i was one shot straight after another but was tricky with the wind.anyways wasnt long after i poped one on a bank.when i went to get it couldnt see it grass was to long,then davy poped another one.

so not a bad night at all,well i loved ever second of it.

just would like to say thanks to Alex Charlie and davy for letting me shoot there permission with them and also letting me take all the rabbits for me dogs and ferrets.

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03969.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

THIS IS MY NEW S410 THAT DAVY GAVE ME(NOT)

DSC03971.jpg

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03973.jpg

DSC03974.jpg

sorry no pics of me as forgot to ask someone to take some what a nob lol

atb steve,charlie,alex and the snorer

more post coming soon

hi steve

SP awarded :thumbs:

good write up buddy,and pics :thumbs:

well what can i say to that!steve is correct it was a bit windy 17/20mph winds but still out enjoying it,the bag made no difference!it was about meeting up with steve and alex and chaz,and just seeing whats about,and with a bit of banter! & snoring going on! but would have to say not on my part!

because if ya remeber!

lads who took the last shot of the 12hour session and woke you lot up asleep in the truck :tongue2:

Great write up that Hunter

Glad you all had a really nice time and got to meet and shoot together.

Davy looks 10 years younger now without his tash

Best wishes

Si

hi Si

i look younger than you now!! :tongue2:

Sounds like yaw'l had a load of fun

SPA for the enthusiastic write up

Took me a while to figure out what you meant by minxs though I looked it up on Google and there are some interesting results shown when you turn off the "Safe Search" filter :angel:

Then I realized (on a suggestion from google) that you meant Minks :yes: You should have shot the bugger

Phantom

LMAO tony

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice write up buddy hope you left some for me as I'll be down there in 4 weeks putting up with his snoring lol

Arb rob

hi rob

as you know all are V.I.P members get priority!!

thats what the ££££ fee is for!! :thumbs:

And where was my invite? ;)

Looks like a blinder of a night, I'm working on getting some acreage round these parts, hopefully have a couple of thousand acres soon!

hi matt

as said at the THL meet

,you only have to contact me and you can come over,for some vermin shooting!!

your more than welcome :thumbs:

Nice write up mate and good pics. Looks like a good night was had by all

Looks like Davy has a cup balanced on his head in the first pic

John

hi john

if you had been there buddy

while balancing the cup, you would also have seen me juggle a HW100 & AAS410K while rolling charlie a fag :thumbs:

regards

davy