Two more foxes!!

Bagged both these tonight.... so I was quite pleased to get two and still make it home for midnight !! Here are the photos :

post-19182-019710900 1283730784_thumb.jpg

post-19182-048184300 1283731137_thumb.jpg

The top one was a dog fox that was shot using the 22-250. I shot it from a about 100yards, after having put out some liver as bait and then sat on top of some hay bales. The funny thing was I had only just put the bait out then climbed onto the bales and was using the the Yukon digital Ranger as a spotter and no sooner had I lied down the first thing I saw were two roe deer 80 yards away! I had seen the same two the previous night also. I had to wait over an hour for the fox though. In fact I had sat up and scanned the field and was just about to head to a different field when it appeared.

After that I drove round a copule of other fields and didn't see anything but my exhaust was rattlin like feck so they would have heard me coming a mile off anyway! ( Got it sorted this morning by the way ! Despite sleeping in though.....woke up at 9.15am and phoned my boss who had been waiting at the garage since 8.55am to pick me up!....he was not impressed I didn't get to the garage until 10am !).

I brielfy met up with Jimmy (MurphyMax) who had been passing by my permission and we had a quick chat about the fact I had not seen any foxes over the last two nights in the field we were both in , as I thought it peculiar as I would have laid money on seeing them in it. Anyway I did another quick drive of the other fields again and then started to drive home and had one last flick of the lamp into the field where I had just been with Jimmy and as luck should have it I spotted some eyes, so I quickly pulled the motor over and got out the NV and spotted two foxes mooching about. I quickly grabbed the rifle and picked out the one nearest me about 130 yards away and nailed it. It was a relatively small vixen cub . Good night as far as I am concerned. T?he farmer is quite keen at the moment to get rid of foxes as he has partridge he wants to protect.

Edited by dave1372

some size of an exit wound on the top 1 Dave ,what rifle were you using? Well done anyway mate :thumbs: .Did you try the zero out on your nv rig after the other night ,was it ok?

I checked the zero and it was still ok......must have just been me :whistling: . I am just going to add the write up.

Bagged both these tonight.... so I was quite pleased to get two and still make it home for midnight !! Here are the photos :

post-19182-019710900 1283730784_thumb.jpg

post-19182-048184300 1283731137_thumb.jpg

The top one was a dog fox that was shot using the 22-250. I shot it from a about 100yards, after having put out some liver as bait and then sat on top of some hay bales. The funny thing was I had only just put the bait out then climbed onto the bales and was using the the Yukon digital Ranger as a spotter and no sooner had I lied down the first thing I saw were two roe deer 80 yards away! I had seen the same two the previous night also. I had to wait over an hour for the fox though. In fact I had sat up and scanned the field and was just about to head to a different field when it appeared.

After that I drove round a copule of other fields and didn't see anything but my exhaust was rattlin like feck so they would have heard me coming a mile off anyway! ( Got it sorted this morning by the way ! Despite sleeping in though.....woke up at 9.15am and phoned my boss who had been waiting at the garage since 8.55am to pick me up!....he was not impressed I didn't get to the garage until 10am !).

I brielfy met up with Jimmy (MurphyMax) who had been passing by my permission and we had a quick chat about the fact I had not seen any foxes over the last two nights in the field we were both in , as I thought it peculiar as I would have laid money on seeing them in it. Anyway I did another quick drive of the other fields again and then started to drive home and had one last flick of the lamp into the field where I had just been with Jimmy and as luck should have it I spotted some eyes, so I quickly pulled the motor over and got out the NV and spotted two foxes mooching about. I quickly grabbed the rifle and picked out the one nearest me about 130 yards away and nailed it. It was a relatively small vixen cub . Good night as far as I am concerned. T?he farmer is quite keen at the moment to get rid of foxes as he has partridge he wants to protect.

should have taken the furthest away out 1st, good chance the 2nd would have ran towards you as the noise was behind him.....forgot to mention this, cant let you into all my little tips...LOL... :doh: