DIG !!!

Guest the poacher

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd pic of the young dog being held back after the dig and the last pic heading for home are great.

but somethings are best left unsaid,there is no benifit to anyone posting some pics.

the b+t has mostly saliva staining it's face,but whats gained by posting it?????????

Bryan

Looks like a good day was had :thumbs-up:

Nice pack of dogs there :yes:

I know sweet FA about working with terriers and very little about running dogs..But surley the way it was done at the end of this dig is vital to bring young ones on?? :unsure:

Well thats what id have thought anyway... :thumbs-up:

Thanks for sharing Poacher!

3rd pic of the young dog being held back after the dig and the last pic heading for home are great.

but somethings are best left unsaid,there is no benifit to anyone posting some pics.

the b+t has mostly saliva staining it's face,but whats gained by posting it?????????

Bryan

To share his experiance and day out on the forum is that not what it is all about????????? :hmm:;)

Must just be me then that thinks more of my dog than to get it chewed up unnecessarily. But that aside what you have done is now illegal under the new laws. Your quarry must be humanly dispatched at the earliest opportunity not baited with every dog on the dig :no: It is hard enough working our dogs under these new laws with out people openly admitting to breaking them on a web site. Remember it is just a loop hole that is keeping us legal one that can be closed at any time by our anti hunting government. One last thing causing unnecessary suffering carries a jail term and a dog ban so if you value your work watch what you post cos trust me from personal experience the law is watching.

Im just curious as to where in Poachers pics you see anything illegal :hmm: It doesnt say anywhere in his post that the quarry wasn't humanely dispatched? Im sure if there was anything innappropriate in his post that the moderators would have dealt with it in the right manner, after all, they are more than aware of the legalities concerning working terriers. Poacher, keep your pics coming mate. :thumbs-up:

The state the dogs muzzle is in does not bother me one bit and yes i have seen worse alot worse. But my argument is with the dog taking pain unnecessarily or can't any of you see that. What has been gained by getting him chewed why not take him to an earth and let him do the job from start to finish.

Are you right in your f*****g head mate? The dog is learning it's trade and getting bit is an occuaptional hazard, not unecessary by any stretch of the imagination! He'll get alot worse when he's bang at it!

I would like to hear your ideas on how to bring on a young dog and what dogs you actually have etc. (NONE methinks ;);) )

Can someone not delete this clown's account????????? :hmm:

Sorry folks but comments from people like this wanker really piss me off :censored:

Poacher - well done mate, a cracking day out by all accounts and well within the law, keep it up mate!! ;);)

The state the dogs muzzle is in does not bother me one bit and yes i have seen worse alot worse. But my argument is with the dog taking pain unnecessarily or can't any of you see that. What has been gained by getting him chewed why not take him to an earth and let him do the job from start to finish.

Are you right in your f*****g head mate? The dog is learning it's trade and getting bit is an occuaptional hazard, not unecessary by any stretch of the imagination! He'll get alot worse when he's bang at it!

I would like to hear your ideas on how to bring on a young dog and what dogs you actually have etc. (NONE methinks ;);) )

Can someone not delete this clown's account????????? :hmm:

Sorry folks but comments from people like this wanker really piss me off :censored:

Poacher - well done mate, a cracking day out by all accounts and well within the law, keep it up mate!! ;);)

Your probably right i may not have any dogs but there again you could be wrong :tongue2: Now if i did have a young dog to bring on it would be taken out on digs from a young age and let watch what goes on. I would let it rag on a dead carcass after a dig and it might even get a look at something behind the shovel ;) Once i thought it was old enough it would be taken to occupied earths and turned in. Now if it was made of the right stuff and i had done my job right bringing it on its breeding and instinct should shine through and the scent should pull the young tyke in :whistle: But if it didn't go first time no drama just try again another day. One more thing send me your addy poacher and i'll send you a pack of electricians tape for your collar cos that just smacks of unprofessionalism not taping it up on a dig :yahoo:

Edited by Butler

you sound like a right c**t butler, when you have been on here for a while and earned a bit of respect, then you can tell people what to do, you are not giong to make many friends badmouthing like this, i don't post on here but reading your bull shit made me just wan't to have a go.

Take it easy lads for fucks sake :11:

I can see both arguments here and I know which one I have used in the past and should I have digging dogs again at any time in the future, I know which method I will use again.

There are no set rules and no-one can make anyone else do what they think is right. Poacher seems like a sound bloke and he does things his way, which is obviously working for him. Butler has slightly different ideas which he's set out above. I don't think these are the grounds for banning anybody :11: