hey guys ive just started doing the ole home brews

anyone do it on here ??

a few recipes and tips would be good

ive done a larger kit ( but fecked it ) erm but its beer and still drank it lol

i got a pineapple wine going at the minuet

and got some plums and pears in the freezer waiting for the bucket to empty so to start another batch ..

have got two bottles of sloe vodka that have been sitting since last november, prob need watering down with more vodka, as its thick like a lacquer

Is It still ok to drink Stubby If It's been sitting with the fruit In for nearly a year? I only ask as I've got a couple of bottles I forgot to strain off.

have got two bottles of sloe vodka that have been sitting since last november, prob need watering down with more vodka, as its thick like a lacquer

Is It still ok to drink Stubby If It's been sitting with the fruit In for nearly a year? I only ask as I've got a couple of bottles I forgot to strain off.

I did some in 05' Finished the last bottle last year. Personaly, i didn't like it, too bitter. But all my friends said it was good. Left my fruit in for 6 months, kept adding Sugar to taste, I put loads in, more than the recipe i followed said. Strained it twice, put it back in the Vodka bottles and let me friends have it. Keep meaning to give it another go.

4 litres of lidls apple juice not apple juice drink do not confuse these 2 one demi jon one packet of cider yeast one cup of sugar oh and one air locks looks like a little trumpet lol start by putting your yeast in a cup and fill with apple juice and gently stir now add the rest of the carton and the other three to the demi jon add sugar then add the cup of yeast mixture put your cork in and your air lock remember to put some fluid in your air lock, put demi jon somwere warm doesnt have to be hot but room tempreture , now just sit there for 5/6 days untill the bubbles stop in the air lock or just check after about a week lol when all bubble have stopped for atleast a day, now sife the liquid into a new demi jon do not shake the one containing the liquid as it will have sediment on the bottom and you do not want to get that in your new demi jon so leave about a inch in the bottom now cork your new demi jon and put it in the fridge and when you are feeling brave drink it it is very strong stuff :thumbs:

i made some nettle beer last year but it tasted like cat p*ss!, been making blackberry and chilli vodka this year and my mates got some damson gin and damson and elderberry gin on the go

whats the blakberry and chilli vodka like ?dont suppose i could have the recipe cheers!!

i made some nettle beer last year but it tasted like cat p*ss!, been making blackberry and chilli vodka this year and my mates got some damson gin and damson and elderberry gin on the go

blackberry + chilli vodka sounds interesting, id love to try that, have you a recipe for it?

of course, you may need to sweetern it a bit more, and even dilute to taste, but it'll never go off if its stored in acahol

just back from one of my new permissions, me and the missus found a wild plum tree, wonder what plum vodka will turn out like :D

4 litres of lidls apple juice not apple juice drink do not confuse these 2 one demi jon one packet of cider yeast one cup of sugar oh and one air locks looks like a little trumpet lol start by putting your yeast in a cup and fill with apple juice and gently stir now add the rest of the carton and the other three to the demi jon add sugar then add the cup of yeast mixture put your cork in and your air lock remember to put some fluid in your air lock, put demi jon somwere warm doesnt have to be hot but room tempreture , now just sit there for 5/6 days untill the bubbles stop in the air lock or just check after about a week lol when all bubble have stopped for atleast a day, now sife the liquid into a new demi jon do not shake the one containing the liquid as it will have sediment on the bottom and you do not want to get that in your new demi jon so leave about a inch in the bottom now cork your new demi jon and put it in the fridge and when you are feeling brave drink it it is very strong stuff :thumbs:

basicly [bANNED TEXT] jim says says for turbo-cider.. 4 litres of apple-juice a cup of sugar and a packet of yeast either cider yeast or champagne works well... also adding a cup of strong steeped tea adds body and tannins, i uaualy boil one cup with 4 teabags left to cool add this first then ya sugar and juice finaly add the yeast.. yeast nutrient is good to add if you can get it..

p.s it dont have to be apple juice.. grapefruit, pear , peach the choice is yours

heres a couple oi got bubbling away nicely

homebrew.jpg

I have a new permission of totally private land, totally fenced 56 achres, well went there today with the CZ.22 for some pest control, and took the missus along to pick any berries we might find, had'ent really looked on my last two visits, well we found an abundance of both eating and cooking apples, along with crab apples, and a plum tree :yes:

but as we drove through the gates, there were 3 large bushes/trees of good old hop's, :yes:

so my question, although we picked the apples and plums

post-5267-092642200 1283201333_thumb.jpg

whens the best time to pick the hop's :hmm: