1.77 or .22 pros an cons

buy a .177 if:

1. You can hit a 10mm kill @ 50 yds.

2. You feel the need to kil your quarry with accuracy and confidence.

3. You have no doubt of your abbility .

buy a .22 if:

1. If you cant hit a barn door , as the impact will probably knock over a rabbit , even though you may not hit the desired kill zone .

:thumbs:

Completly agreed mate :thumbs:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use .20..... What does that say about me????

The .177 folk can crow all day, but us .22 folk know your all woofters, and thats it, end of

pmsl.......nice one craig :laugh: :laugh:

joking apart though mate............it matters not (to me anyway) what the calibre is, if your zeroed correctly and are confident in your ability......and you can HIT THE TARGET......either or will do :thumbs:

pmsl.......nice one craig :laugh: :laugh:

joking apart though mate............it matters not (to me anyway) what the calibre is, if your zeroed correctly and are confident in your ability......and you can HIT THE TARGET......either or will do :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Agreed pal

.22 for lads, 177 for girls :whistling:

Ouch!! I must admit I do hunt on the odd occasion in nice little cammo skirt with matching suspenders, the bloody lipstick smudging on the stock is a bit of a pain in the arse too :laugh:

Jasp

Sub 12ft lb its got to be .177 all the way, been plinking for the past 25yrs with various rifles some shite some good,some .177 some.22 and the .177 always wins over the .22 for me, i favour the flatter trajectory of the .177 ,i see no difference in stopping power between the two as it makes no difference if you hit where you aim, and you have more chance of doing that with .177..

Anything from 30 to 60ftlb has got to be the rainbow trajectory .22, anything over 60ftlb then i would say .25 or the.22 rimfire.

I have to say the reason I like .177 is because as a Lad I was lucky enough to own a Gat Pistol! yes a genuine a Gat pistol :yes:. now I know there was not many lucky enough to handle such a gun in their youngser days but all I can say is the gun totaly transformed me to .177 calibre...

the accuracy was outstanding and fire power of the sort that couldn't be matched, I remember shooting a snail off my mothers rockery at a good 10 large paces! there was a loud CRACK!! as the pellet struck home penetrating the shell and killing the creature instantly, the tissue damage was enormouse....

I hasn't to think what my tally finally was, but many large slugs and snails met their maker useing eley wasp pellets :notworthy:....

Jasper

:11:

Try this if you want a loud crack with a snail.

Place snail upside down on silencer Raise silencer WELL ABOVE head level and squeeze trigger :whistling:

.177 makes a mess .22 sprays liquidized snail over most of the field :yes:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

:11:

Try this if you want a loud crack with a snail.

Place snail upside down on silencer Raise silencer WELL ABOVE head level and squeeze trigger :whistling:

.177 makes a mess .22 sprays liquidized snail over most of the field :yes:

Phantom

Tony, you have issues.... :blink: