tackticks for VERY weedy waters

im currently targeting a small 2achre lake filled with bream perch and tench aswell as around 20 common and mirror carp 2 silver carp and 3 grass carp, the lake bed is very weedy and the only clear spots are the margins and the margin around a small island, all carp have been caught from the same side of the island which is shallower than the other, just wondering ifg anyone had any tips for targeting the weed in the hopes of breaking my pb and loch record, cheers ingram

It depends on what type of weed it is obviously, but you could use pva bags (remember not to pull back once you have cast), you could just bait the feck out of one place and let them clear it themselves, the good old fashioned rake or of course, surface fishing.

ive tryed the pva option over a few months but had no results :( all the fish seem to come from the same areas, the last 2 weeks i have been loading maggots and hemp in an area the fish always roll in so hopefully if i carry on they'l crear a spot for me, ye there was a boat but the local village kids sank it :censored: so as soon as the water level droped and it could be seen it was removed, right now the water ranges from 1ft to around 6, as for surface fishing goes i have never had a fish take anything from the surface in 3years i have fished it, on warm days you can find the fish along 1 margin in particular but they are never intrested in feeding, i have freelined baits to them and even hitt them in the nose but they just wont take, keep the advise coming guys

cheers ingram

a very bright pop up boilie on a zig rig mate,popped up around 2/3 foot,even further if need be,weed dependant) very good rig for this type of water imo and have used this method on many occasions in this type of situation,summer or winter rarely had a blank with it :thumbs:

i would suggest something like these,easily visible,had most success on the purple ones

ml86.jpg:thumbs:

Get out there with an inflatable and a glass bottom bucket..( you can make these yourself..)also get something like an extendable rake...not for raking weed but for taping the bottom...there will be spots that nobody has found..i guarantee it..not easy to do if others are fishing but not impossible to do...if possible borrow an echo sounder this will cut down the time you will spend in the boat as it will show weed on the screen...its a lot of work..but it depends how much you want it...knowing the lake bed is the best edge you can have.

a very bright pop up boilie on a zig rig mate,popped up around 2/3 foot,even further if need be,weed dependant) very good rig for this type of water imo and have used this method on many occasions in this type of situation,summer or winter rarely had a blank with it :thumbs:

i would suggest something like these,easily visible,had most success on the purple ones

cheers bud not realy tryed zigs but think i might in the next few weeks if we get the weather but knowing scotland we prob wont :wallbash: might try with some pop up artificials as im realy the only person that fishes the place and havent realy seen boilies although my two lake records have came from the exeact same spot on the island margin using a pellet toped with half a pop up

Get out there with an inflatable and a glass bottom bucket..( you can make these yourself..)also get something like an extendable rake...not for raking weed but for taping the bottom...there will be spots that nobody has found..i guarantee it..not easy to do if others are fishing but not impossible to do...if possible borrow an echo sounder this will cut down the time you will spend in the boat as it will show weed on the screen...its a lot of work..but it depends how much you want it...knowing the lake bed is the best edge you can have.

ye me and a mate spent 3 days in a boat prodding the bottom to find clear areas although we never found any completely clear spots we did find areas with lighter weed so i have been targeting them,

cheers bud not realy tryed zigs but think i might in the next few weeks if we get the weather but knowing scotland we prob wont :wallbash: might try with some pop up artificials as im realy the only person that fishes the place and havent realy seen boilies although my two lake records have came from the exeact same spot on the island margin using a pellet toped with half a pop up

iv used this method in the summer popped right up as much as 7foot,winter/colder months 2/3foot,as i say can be deadly where others are failing to catch,stick with it and trust the presentation it works very well imo