Trapline Steve Albano Mole Traps

No hard feelings here steve A, i understand you have to make a touch and look out for yourself. To be honest my comment wasnt really directed at yourself but more so for killgerm with their outrageous price hikes.

More of a dig at you in jest if anything, lol.

I look at it this way, they are handy little traps but i managed without them before and i will manage with the couple i have until they are made available cheaper elsewhere,as im sure they will!! In the mean time its no great loss.

One thing is certain, i will not have my pants pulled down and my arse smacked by killgerm. However i may be open to offers :tongue2:

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess there is the answer to why some folk think the originals imported traps are a bit pricey . If a chap in Britain can knock some very good-looking copies yet has to price them at a fiv

No hard feelings here steve A, i understand you have to make a touch and look out for yourself. To be honest my comment wasnt really directed at yourself but more so for killgerm with their outrageous

he won,t be donating much to cancer research if you don,t answer your pm,s

Posted Images

Bought these traps from Kilgerm and here are my thoughts

I propably have a collection of 400 assorted traps dufus talpex fenns use them in all situations parks cemeteries moorland lawns all sorts.

I bought these and my first thought was hell their light two weigh about as much as on duffus if not a little less :victory: less weight to carry less space needed for storage

then it come to setting them once I watched the video piece of piss :victory:

When I went to put them in the ground they are already set to go no mucking about with a pliers for hours :victory:

Laying once again simples :victory:

Have put them down now twenty six times ten traps a time = Twenty moles caught :victory:

As you have said the duffus traps are best for a straight run, but should you find that bend or a t junction the traplines are good for placing at each entrance, plus they are very small compared to barrels.

Must remember to push the front end into the bottom of the run when you place them otherwise the smart b*&£ers will back fill them.

I use a few, but my main trap is still the duffus.

As you have said the duffus traps are best for a straight run, but should you find that bend or a t junction the traplines are good for placing at each entrance, plus they are very small compared to barrels.

Must remember to push the front end into the bottom of the run when you place them otherwise the smart b*&£ers will back fill them.

I use a few, but my main trap is still the duffus.

fair play to steves traps i used some off my mate and they dont get blocked if set right.saying that they were my mates copies of them lol.

but if set in the right places they shouldent get blocked.pity they so expencive to.i would have some.old b*****d got 500 made up now and wont even lend me one lol.

he thinking of selling some a £5 a trap.and with the springs and that he aint making nothing out of them.but £5 donation he would give to cancer reserch.after his costs been taken out.like i said no profit ..he makes themfor a hobby thats all.

he thinking of selling some a £5 a trap.and with the springs and that he aint making nothing out of them.but £5 donation he would give to cancer reserch.after his costs been taken out.like i said no profit ..he makes themfor a hobby thats all.

I guess there is the answer to why some folk think the originals imported traps are a bit pricey .

If a chap in Britain can knock some very good-looking copies yet has to price them at a fiver (and possibly not be making that much money once materials ,time and such-like have been factored in )is it any wonder that the US made ones are a bit more expensive.Someone has to pay their fare across the big sea and then pay import duty and then get em by magic carpet to KG who obviously want to make few bob on the deal . By the time the traps have passed through the distribution network and everyone from the guy who writes the labels to the VAT man has taken their pound of flesh a fair few sticky fingers have dabbled in the jam-pot .

Yet I'll bet Mr Albarno does'nt see a fraction of the money involved enter his bank-balence as profit .

When the traps are popped into a big order of other goods from KG the postage costs are not so intimidating but it is true that delivery prices for ordering just a couple of the little devices do seem a little unbalenced. I guess it could be argued that you are not just paying for the box and brown paper but for the choice of goods and reliable delivery. . It would be good to see KG and other firms a little more flexible on the price of postage for very small items though .

• Like 2

The trouble is distributors like Killgerm, Barrettine etc use couriers that charge them a flat fee for delivery upto certain weights. It would be cheaper posted by Royal Mail but they dont have the time and logistics to do it.

I guess there is the answer to why some folk think the originals imported traps are a bit pricey .

If a chap in Britain can knock some very good-looking copies yet has to price them at a fiver (and possibly not be making that much money once materials ,time and such-like have been factored in )is it any wonder that the US made ones are a bit more expensive.Someone has to pay their fare across the big sea and then pay import duty and then get em by magic carpet to KG who obviously want to make few bob on the deal . By the time the traps have passed through the distribution network and everyone from the guy who writes the labels to the VAT man has taken their pound of flesh a fair few sticky fingers have dabbled in the jam-pot .

Yet I'll bet Mr Albarno does'nt see a fraction of the money involved enter his bank-balence as profit .

When the traps are popped into a big order of other goods from KG the postage costs are not so intimidating but it is true that delivery prices for ordering just a couple of the little devices do seem a little unbalenced. I guess it could be argued that you are not just paying for the box and brown paper but for the choice of goods and reliable delivery. . It would be good to see KG and other firms a little more flexible on the price of postage for very small items though .

A very balanced reply :yes:

i know the springs cost him 2.50 each add on the vat and post and the cost of wire you can see there is no profit.

the more springs he get the better the price ,but he only gets 200 springs at a time.think he likes making themthats all lol and as long as he covers his out goings he happy and any extra will be given to cancer research.

I emailed Steve Albano earlier in the year with regard to trapping voles, I found his replies very helpful & informative - thanks Steve.

When the Trapline Moletraps became available from KG I got some straight away, for those runs against garden paths & patio slabs I find them ideal, they've paid for themselves several times over already. They will also catch voles which are generally too small to trigger Duffus type traps and have brought to book a couple of "tricky" moles that two of my clients had "educated" with poorly set garden centre traps.

To give credit where it's due, Steve answered my emails with good advice & his traps (although a little dear for what they are through KG) work & work well, I'm more than happy with mine.

Bushwacker