Bird migration and ringing.

Youngest son saw a cat eating a fledgling at school,the bird was rung and he duly sent the ring off to the BTO,it was a sedge Warbler which had covered the 270km from Cheshire to surrey in 8 days,anyone else ever sent rings back?What were the findings?

shot a woodcock last year in the west of ireland.it had a ring on its leg,we sent it away and they sent us the details back and it said that the woodcock was from moscow in russia and that it was 7 years old.

and you shot it ya c*nt !

:11:

f**king right i did :D :11:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Once shot a homer on my roof from 2 doors down.Ferret food. :11:

I know I shouldn't, really. But; :laugh:

About thirty five years ago now, I found a female Blackbird (Turdus merula), killed by a golf ball, on a golf course. She was ringed.

Sent in the details and it seems she was a year or two old and had been born pretty much where she died. No great shakes then. But nice to know and to know that they had one more record of what becomes of their birds.

I've since spent the rest of my life jumping on every sad pile of feathers I ever spot. Baited breath. Peering at the legs.

Never since found a single f*cking one with a ring on! :no: B*llocks!

Once shot a homer on my roof from 2 doors down.Ferret food. :11:

do you think thats clever :angry::no: you can get nicked for that you wouldnt be laughing then

It wasnt big or clever but at a time when I was frantically feeding kits ,a chance shot at those disease ridden ,tile shitters was justified pay back :diablo: