which choke for pigeons when using a semi auto ?

Hi all

This morning i picked up my new shotty , a brand new Winchester semi auto SX3 12g 3 1/2''.

As i've never owned a semi auto before i was just wondering which choke is best to use on pigeons.

I've heard that the quarter choke is the best one to fire off first when using an o/u and a s/s so i fitted the quarter to my new semi.

As stated in a earlier posting , i am new to semi's and pigeon shooting so any advice will be greatly appreciated ,

John :hmm:

I'd second 1/4 for pigeons, with 1/4 you really can kill pigeons out to a fair distance, otherwise 1/2 is good for when they're further away. if you want something tighter than 1/4 but not as tight as 1/2, then Briley make a "light modified" choke that sits between 1/4 and 1/2, which I'd have thought would be a pretty cool deal for single barrel shooters, whatever their persuasion.... (I have some of their chokes in 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4, and they're not bloody bad at all....)

DB

Edited by danebrewer10

high birds, or decoying go for 1/4 choke... if low fast birds over tree tops etc, 1/2 for a better spread and chance of bagging a few.

Snap.

????????????????

Surely the other way round!!

Definately the other way round.

DD

Sorry guys my mistake...

:thumbs: