Ramblers, don't you just love them........NOT

Guest Dunkman

Brilliant! i use my 4x4 off road as an excuse to find more land to poach and recce the layout,fences etc.

Im often met by scowls and muttered comments by tossers like this.A few weeks ago on salisbury plain i passed a small group that had been caught in the rain,they were standing on the verge between a fence and a rather large puddle, oops! i bet they enjoyed the wash really, gave them something else to moan about.

My boy has pics on his phone,i will see if he can put them on.

:no: With all due respect bud, its the un-authorised off-roading, poaching other peoples land and you own anti-social behaviour to these people that gives the rest of us a bad name.

Guest Jane Russell

Most varieties of wild rabbits

:11: how many varities are they?

Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter... and they are all protected don't you know :rofl::rofl:

You forgot Mrs Rabbit ... and presumably Mr. Rabbit!

Jane

I try to be courtious to everyone I meet in the countryside and engage them in conversation to find out what their veiws are.More than one has been swayed by a sensible approach to the hunting act as opposed to what they read in the daily rags .If you receive abuse then dont respond but be polite.We have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to fight for .The "right to roam" thing has given some people the thought that they can do just that ,but private land still remains private and wanderers should be shown the nearest footpath but politely .Abuse does nothing to further our cause .

Guest Know Fack all

They want it all to themselves, I used to do a bit of trailriding......my local club would often get information regarding stories like this........ :angry:

All because of 4x4 using the track!

there is the pictures to go with the link for some reason they wouldnt load

I dont know what lengths they will stop at......they think its ok to Trespass where ever they like.............

My mate has a shoot and their is a path very close by............its a bloody nightmare trying to keep them out.......you try talking sense to some of these idiouts.............. :blink: I fear the day that one of these idiouts gets hurt with this right to roam thing

Edited by Know Fack all

I know there are some laughs in here but we really need engage with these people and realise thier concerns, and they will in turn listen to ours. There's too much negativity of either party on both sides...Ramblers aren't going anywhere, they're sport isn't in jepody of being banned...OURS IS! Therefore is it not better to talk to these groups (or simply continue trying!!!) to get more people on our side??

The idea is that we can all continue to enjoy the countryside - remember it's not ours, it's not theirs, it's not even the people who own it - we're all simply stewards of it.

In my opinion a lot of the comments in this forum certainly aren't doing US or OUR sport any good!

Just one man's opinion.

Guest Dunkman
Yes, attributing blame to other wildlife for horse injuries is quite absurd. This may seem naive, but what do farmers use horses for these days anyway - I don't see many carts around?

Old Fart is stupid enough not to realise that people might ride horses for pleasure :11: :11:

Brilliant but deeply worrying :no:

Edited by Dunkman

Brilliant! i use my 4x4 off road as an excuse to find more land to poach and recce the layout,fences etc.

Im often met by scowls and muttered comments by tossers like this.A few weeks ago on salisbury plain i passed a small group that had been caught in the rain,they were standing on the verge between a fence and a rather large puddle, oops! i bet they enjoyed the wash really, gave them something else to moan about.

:no: With all due respect bud, its the un-authorised off-roading, poaching other peoples land and you own anti-social behaviour to these people that gives the rest of us a bad name.

I am not your "bud", my offroading is not unauthorised and is perfectly legal as i stick to byways open to all traffic, i would hardly poach my own land and if you feel that my behaviour may influence the way that other people may think of you then you can kiss my a...!

I make no apologies for what i do and the last thing i would ever do would be to try to appease anybody least of all bunny hugging ramblers that seem to think they have a god given duty to protect the land and all its flora and fauna from someone like me. I enjoy driving off road and killing things and will continue to do so regardless of anyones opinion.

I try to be courtious to everyone I meet in the countryside and engage them in conversation to find out what their veiws are.More than one has been swayed by a sensible approach to the hunting act as opposed to what they read in the daily rags .If you receive abuse then dont respond but be polite.We have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to fight for .The "right to roam" thing has given some people the thought that they can do just that ,but private land still remains private and wanderers should be shown the nearest footpath but politely .Abuse does nothing to further our cause .

Agree 100%, last sunday took my father in law and my 8 year old lad out with a couple of shotguns and the ferrets, my lad had a shot at a bolting bunny and missed :blink: but my father in law , who has never shot anything live in his life , accounted for two rabbits, and the second one was a blinding shot at about 15-20 yards as it weaved through a hedge :D

The farm we were on has several footpaths, i always talk to people and say hello, talked to a bloke out running, a bloke out walking(he was very pro-hunt and shooting) and two birdwatchers, the birdwatchers were a bit anti (they couldn't look at the rabbit i was carrying) i asked them what they were looking for and told them what birds we had seen (jays/fieldfares) and pointed them in the right direction, showing an understanding of the countryside and explaining why you are doing what you are doing helps.....Also prevents them going and ringing th police/rspca etc....as it shows you obviously have permission etc..

My Best story was a few years ago when i was ferreting at the side of a path and a woman asked what i was doing :11: i explained and she said why thats cruel you can buy rabbit at the butchers in town (she named the butchers) and said i had no need to kill the bunnies :11: couldn't i release them elsewhere

i pointed out i sold my rabbits to the said butchers :11: she soon shut up, she probably bought my rabbits from the butcher :11:

I am not your "bud", my offroading is not unauthorised and is perfectly legal as i stick to byways open to all traffic, i would hardly poach my own land and if you feel that my behaviour may influence the way that other people may think of you then you can kiss my a...!

I make no apologies for what i do and the last thing i would ever do would be to try to appease anybody least of all bunny hugging ramblers that seem to think they have a god given duty to protect the land and all its flora and fauna from someone like me. I enjoy driving off road and killing things and will continue to do so regardless of anyones opinion.

Blimey... your a bit prickley arn't you... bud :laugh:

I love hunting and enjoy off-roading and i share your fraustration at other peoples ignorance in trying to ban something they just don't understand. I think if you re-read your first post you make no ref to using byways, openly admit your scouting land to poach and then deliberatly soak some people while you lad takes pics. if you feel that my behaviour may influence the way that other people may think of you then you can kiss my a...! Yeah.. nice one.. easy to get the wrong impression?

'Retaliating first' will just piss off the moderates and turn them into the 'old b*****ds' on that site. Just my opinion... :D

I love hunting and enjoy off-roading and i share your fraustration at other peoples ignorance in trying to ban something they just don't understand. I think if you re-read your first post you make no ref to using byways, openly admit your scouting land to poach and then deliberatly soak some people while you lad takes pics. if you feel that my behaviour may influence the way that other people may think of you then you can kiss my a...! Yeah.. nice one.. easy to get the wrong impression?

'Retaliating first' will just piss off the moderates and turn them into the 'old b*****ds' on that site. Just my opinion... :D

sorry to sound stroppy i am fed up with trying to convert people and try to justify what i do, i have had snares pulled,been reported to police,rspca and the dog warden all for doing what is or used to be legal pest control. I have seen walkers cut barbed wire to allow their dog through when they are crossing a stile,i have been accosted by walkers while ferreting and it gets on my tits even when i explained to them that the footpath is a means of access from one side of the field to the other and is four foot wide and their spaniel had no business pulling my nets off they still gave me shit . I dont try to explain anymore i find that growling at them followed by a long stare accompanied by a loud F... O..! works better

Anyway each to his own i hope i didnt appear too rude,there are only two things i feel strongly about and this is one

steve