5 Nations Terrier Show (Ireiand)

Ditch,

The main event on Sunday from 1.30 is the ROI Terrier , Lurcher & Whippet Championships open to all entrant see http://irishgameandcountryfair.com/terriers.asp. You can most certainly bring your dog to compete.

The Terrier Championship is the last qualifier for the Five Nations Championships. The winner of the Birr Terrier Championships will go forward to meet the other five finalists after the judgeing of the ROI championships is over.

AlbertJwhats the point in anybody going when its well fixed,bet a 9 and a half year old dog wins that has to be held up to stand :toast:

Well I haven't seen any of the dogs that have qualified except the one at Shanes which certainly was not 9.5 years of age and obviously the qualifer from Birr has not been chosen yet - so anyone has a chance to win that qualifier and as you will have seen all qualifiers get excellent prizes as does the Birr Champion. I can assure you that the Birr qualifier is not fixed and as the final is being judged by a three judge system I cannot see how that can be fixed.

I judge at Championship level at KC shows and if you ask anyone I judge the dogs fairly and I value this reputation. I expect the same level of impartiality of any judges that judge at our shows. If there was the slightest hint of a 'fix' in this competition into which we have put a great deal of time, money and energy I would not be involved. I hope you do come to the event and watch the judging and of course I hope you are proved to be wrong.same dog gonna win at birr!!!

Albert

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be my last and only post on this particular matter, until after the final! I object strongly to the accusation that this final is fixed or compromised! its an attack on me personally,on my i

Ditch,

The main event on Sunday from 1.30 is the ROI Terrier , Lurcher & Whippet Championships open to all entrant see http://irishgameandcountryfair.com/terriers.asp. You can most certainly bring your dog to compete.

The Terrier Championship is the last qualifier for the Five Nations Championships. The winner of the Birr Terrier Championships will go forward to meet the other five finalists after the judgeing of the ROI championships is over.

AlbertJwhats the point in anybody going when its well fixed,bet a 9 and a half year old dog wins that has to be held up to stand :toast:

Well I haven't seen any of the dogs that have qualified except the one at Shanes which certainly was not 9.5 years of age and obviously the qualifer from Birr has not been chosen yet - so anyone has a chance to win that qualifier and as you will have seen all qualifiers get excellent prizes as does the Birr Champion. I can assure you that the Birr qualifier is not fixed and as the final is being judged by a three judge system I cannot see how that can be fixed. so a man from the leeds area isnt going to win??2 judges were picked by the bloke,one welsh lad declined as it was stinking,the winner and judges are sharing hotels!!!!still trying to rape the irish you brits,if you cant win fairly CHEAT?hope you get tarred and feathered by the irish lads,THE IRA NEVER WENT AWAY!!they just waited for dodgy brits to come and play?il be there to take that bet ,canny bikes

I judge at Championship level at KC shows and if you ask anyone I judge the dogs fairly and I value this reputation. I expect the same level of impartiality of any judges that judge at our shows. If there was the slightest hint of a 'fix' in this competition into which we have put a great deal of time, money and energy I would not be involved. I hope you do come to the event and watch the judging and of course I hope you are proved to be wrong.same dog gonna win at birr!!!

Albert

Ditch,

Well I haven't seen any of the dogs that have qualified except the one at Shanes which certainly was not 9.5 years of age and obviously the qualifer from Birr has not been chosen yet - so anyone has a chance to win that qualifier and as you will have seen all qualifiers get excellent prizes as does the Birr Champion. I can assure you that the Birr qualifier is not fixed and as the final is being judged by a three judge system I cannot see how that can be fixed. so a man from the leeds area isnt going to win??2 judges were picked by the bloke,one welsh lad declined as it was stinking,the winner and judges are sharing hotels!!!!still trying to rape the irish you brits,if you cant win fairly CHEAT?hope you get tarred and feathered by the irish lads,THE IRA NEVER WENT AWAY!!they just waited for dodgy brits to come and play?il be there to take that bet ,canny bikes

Albert

I can only repeat that in my opinion the judging will be fair. I don't know where you get your information from but it is totally incorrect and as Fionn has said he had an input into selecting the judge from Ireland. I have never met Fionn ( or indeed the judge he suggested) but he too voiced criticism of the judging at prevous events at Birr - when the event was run by a different person. I had nothing whatsover to do with these events but took the criticism on board and suggested he suggest a judge. He did this and the suggested judge was known to Seamus Erwin, our terrier director, and approved by the club and the event organisers. He has our full confidence. The judges will judge independently on a score card system with two scrutineers totting up the scores. No judge will see the others card.

I do think you owe an apology to the judges for making a criticism in advance of their judging. Anyone is entitled to voice their opinion of a judge AFTER the event but it is very unfair for you to pre-empt the judges decision.

It is also quite appalling for you to suggest that the IRA or anyone else would get involved in this except perhaps to object to someone taking their name in vain!

I do hope you come to Birr and take up Tom's bet and I hope that you in the interim make a full apology and leave off voicing your opinion until AFTER the judging has taken place!

Albertj

Edited by AlbertJ

Ditch,

Albert

I can only repeat that in my opinion the judging will be fair. I don't know where you get your information from but it is totally incorrect and as Fionn has said he had an input into selecting the judge from Ireland. I have never met Fionn ( or indeed the judge he suggested) but he too voiced criticism of the judging at prevous events at Birr - when the event was run by a different person. I had nothing whatsover to do with these events but took the criticism on board and suggested he suggest a judge. He did this and the suggested judge was known to Seamus Erwin, our terrier director, and approved by the club and the event organisers. He has our full confidence. The judges will judge independently on a score card system with two scrutineers totting up the scores. No judge will see the others card.

I do think you owe an apology to the judges for making a criticism in advance of their judging. Anyone is entitled to voice their opinion of a judge AFTER the event but it is very unfair for you to pre-empt the judges decision.

It is also quite appalling for you to suggest that the IRA or anyone else would get involved in this except perhaps to object to someone taking their name in vain!

I do hope you come to Birr and take up Tom's bet and I hope that you in the interim make a full apology and leave off voicing your opinion until AFTER the judging has taken place!

Albertj

CNN NEWS REPORTER MICK O'FIDDLE REPORTS DIRECT FROM THE EMERALD ISLE,

WHO SHOT KENNEDY

DID THE YANKS LAND ON THE MOON

WATERGATE

9/11 AND THE CIA ALL NOTHING MY FRIENDS AS RUMORS ABOUND AND PADDY POWER FREEZES ALL BETS ON THE BIRR CASTLE EVENT , WHO IS THE MYSTERY 9 AND A HALF YEAR OLD DOG, WHO WILL HOLD IT UP , HAVE THE JUDGES BEEN GOT AT , WHO GOT AT THEM WERE AND WHEN ,IS THIS REVENGE FOR THE YEARS OF HURT THE BRITS HAVE SUFFERED AT EURO VISION, CNN ON THE SPOT REPORTER AT A SECRET LOCATION INTERVIEWED A MR J O'RUSSEL , "SAID ITS A FIDDLE MR FIDDLE EVERY ONE KNOWS THEM BRITS HAVE FIXED IT WAIT AND SEE" MICK O'FIDDLE CNN IRELAND :blink:

met foxgun tom a couple of times although i do not know how much of a terrierman he is,i do know that he does a lot to promote terrierwork.to be honest i would be a bit wary of going digging with a man who wears a skirt :blink: the thought of looking up from the dig does not appeal :laugh: but how can you come on before an event and state that the result is sorted even before the last dog is qualified?

I think Tom summed it up perfectly about shows in that they are a way of promoting and enjoying our way of life over the Summer months. They are also a way of meeting folk that you wouldn't see any other way from one end of the year to the other.

But in not just my opinion but in the opinion of many the organisers of this particular game fair have been using the same people to organise their terrier and lurcher show who are taken with a large pinch of salt by a large section of the working dog owners of Ireland.

A pity really as it keeps a lot of people away and starts the "it's rigged" rumours.

I don't for one second think that this show is fixed and Albert ,they do say bad publicity is better than no publicity.

I think Tom summed it up perfectly about shows in that they are a way of promoting and enjoying our way of life over the Summer months. They are also a way of meeting folk that you wouldn't see any other way from one end of the year to the other.

But in not just my opinion but in the opinion of many the organisers of this particular game fair have been using the same people to organise their terrier and lurcher show who are taken with a large pinch of salt by a large section of the working dog owners of Ireland.

A pity really as it keeps a lot of people away and starts the "it's rigged" rumours.

I don't for one second think that this show is fixed and Albert ,they do say bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Neil,

Thanks for your input but once again and I agree with your perspective on Game Fairs but you raise the 'hare' once again implying problems with the organisers of the main show.

I would like to make the following points;

1. The Mid Antrim Terrier & Lurcher Club have organised more successful shows throughout Ireland than any other club but apart from providing the qualifier and one of the main ring stewards they do not have a major involvement in the Five Nations. This has been organised by Tom, myself and Fran in consultation with show organisers such as the Mid Antrim and other shows in GB. But in light of your criticism I challenge you to suggest another club in Ireland that is over 25 years old and organised as many shows successfully as the Mid Antrim?

2. The main officials of the Mid Antrim Terrier Club have a reputation second to none for what they have achieved both in and out of the ring. Take Seamus, for example, has anyone in Ireland dealt with more foxes or is more knowledgable about foxes or terriers? What terrierman in Ireland has won the top UK titles and been invited to judge at the top shows? Or bred as good a dogs? I have to say most of the criticism I have seen on this forum has been from people complaining that they haven't been successful because the judging has been rigged.

3. What club has done more to promote terrier,lurcher and whippet showing in Ireland and worked hard to make terriers & lurchers a major part of every major game or country fair including getting the prize funds up to unparalleled levels? - The Mid Antrim of course - I know as I have had to respond to their constant 'badgering' about the terriers and lurchers being the 'poor relations' of our fairs! - I think you can see because of the efforts of the Mid Antrim not any more they are not.

4. As anyone who has read the posts know that since I came on this forum to defend the club (who have served me, our fairs and Irish terrier and lurchers well over 20 years) from what I thought were unfair attacks, I have through working with the club dealt with most if not all of the perceived criticism about judges, prizes etc.

I organise Game Fairs because I am a countrysports enthusiast and I have had much pleasure in making a major contribution to promoting country sports in a positive manner to the public and in stimulating the highest level of FRIENDLY and FAIR competition in all of the sports. My colleagues and I have the objective of making our events successful first and profitable second. As a money making venture Game & Country Fairs and other outdoor events such as Agricultural shows , as many other 'would be' organisers have found out over the last few years are an extremely costly and risky way to try to make a profit. Most turn a loss and some of our agricultural show organisers are living on past reserves as they make a loss virtually every year. The reason why we are successful at delivering successful events and making a small profit most years is that it is virtually a 365 day a year commitment that I make. To be blunt if I wasn't an enthusiast myself I would have taken my family's advice and retired from show organising years ago.

In order to make a fair work I am reliant on many clubs and organisations to whom we can delegate the job of running competitions. Yes I get involved in these, as I have done this year, with sponsorship (quite a lot of it this year out of my own pocket)and in helping select and fund judges etc I need a club and organisers who I can rely on to do the job well and who I consider knowledgeable about their sport. I have to say the Mid Antrim have my full confidence for the manner in which they run their events at our Fairs - they are most certainly NOT rigged.

I value my reputation as the longest serving Game Fair organiser in Game Fair history throughout the world ( 32 years and 44 events) and I personally have worked hard and heavily subsidised the competitions to ensure that Irish enthusiasts have the chance to compete for large and prestigious prizes within Ireland. Do you honestly think I would compromise my reputation and/or my investment and the reputation of our events by allowing Mid Antrim, or any other club or individual to rig or attempt to rig any aspect of them? If I found this to be the case with Mid Antrim or any other club or individual, then quite simply their involvement with our fairs would cease forthwith.

We know that Mid Antrim have the experiehce to run the show and I know for a fact that any allegations of 'rigging' of results are totally unfounded. So why would I take a risk on another club who do not have similar experience?

Edited by AlbertJ

WHO SHOT KENNEDY

WATERGATE

9/11 AND THE CIA ALL NOTHING MY FRIENDS AS RUMORS ABOUND AND PADDY POWER FREEZES ALL BETS ON THE BIRR CASTLE EVENT , WHO IS THE MYSTERY 9 AND A HALF YEAR OLD DOG, WHO WILL HOLD IT UP , HAVE THE JUDGES BEEN GOT AT , WHO GOT AT THEM WERE AND WHEN ,IS THIS REVENGE FOR THE YEARS OF HURT THE BRITS HAVE SUFFERED AT EURO VISION, CNN ON THE SPOT REPORTER AT A SECRET LOCATION INTERVIEWED A MR J O'RUSSEL , "SAID ITS A FIDDLE MR FIDDLE EVERY ONE KNOWS THEM BRITS HAVE FIXED IT WAIT AND SEE" MICK O'FIDDLE CNN IRELAND :blink:

Thanks Mick for a bit of levity to brighten this discussion. With such an obviously good 'nose' for a news story can I invite you to report regularly for our magazine?

Edited by AlbertJ

WHO SHOT KENNEDY

WATERGATE

Thanks Mick for a bit of levity to brighten this discussion. With such an obviously good 'nose' for a news story can I invite you to report regularly for our magazine?

Albert due to recent developments i am now in hiding after various threats by the real ITMLF (IRISH TERRIER MEN LIBERATION FRONT) theres a price on me head a BnF to the man who finds me quit apt don't you think, like all great under cover reporters Ive gone to earth , yours in hiding for CNN and THE CMW MICK O'FIDDLE :blink:

Take Seamus, for example, has anyone in Ireland dealt with more foxes or is more knowledgable about foxes or terriers? What terrierman in Ireland has won the top UK titles and been invited to judge at the top shows? Or bred as good a dogs? I have to say most of the criticism I have seen on this forum has been from people complaining that they haven't

albert best of luck with the show but there are people who could fill that roll from the above quote ,just because they are not talked about or are on the internet doesnt mean they are not about :thumbs:.I hope yee have a cracking show :thumbs:

Edited by scent

Take Seamus, for example, has anyone in Ireland dealt with more foxes or is more knowledgable about foxes or terriers? What terrierman in Ireland has won the top UK titles and been invited to judge at the top shows? Or bred as good a dogs? I have to say most of the criticism I have seen on this forum has been from people complaining that they haven't

albert best of luck with the show but there are people who could fill that roll from the above quote ,just because they are not talked about or are on the internet doesnt mean they are not about :thumbs:.I hope yee have a cracking show :thumbs:

Scent,

We are always willing to listen to ideas/suggestions for judges for our shows. All get full consideration.

Alberj

Albert it is part 2 of your reply to my post that will hit a bad nerve with a lot of workers of terriers in this country and in Britain. It is rubbish like that that has been spawned out for many years that makes certain people and a club (hence the shows that they run) a joke amongst the working dog fraternity in Ireland.

Correct me if I'm wrong Albert, but didn't you once write an article on Seamus Erwin????

In this article (and I quote) that you said that most terrier men in Ireland have Seamus Erwin to thank for their terriers and their bloodlines.

I, like many terriermen, take this as a massive insult to not only my terriers but to the men who worked the lines before me to think that someone ,who is a known dog dealer, could get the credit of those that did keep and work the few good lines of terriers and didn't see £££££££££s.

This is one of the reasons that the MAWTL Club is seen as a joke by workers of terriers.

I'm sure (and hope) your show will be well attended and will be well and fairly run. But the workers will be noticable by their abstance.

i dont know "most terriermen in ireland" but the ones i do know dont have ANY of his breeding in their kennels.

i know a couple of show ponys who do though.

not a dig, just what ive seen myself.

Edited by CarraghsGem