Working Whippets

Hello Every1,

I am interested in getting a Pure Whippet for My birthday in 1 month time I'm after something like a blue whippet are pure whippets good to work and please could I see some pictures of your whippets and also please leave the breed eg. Laguna , Blue , Black

Thanks

Jack

Iv worked 2 whippets n ma dads always had 1 along with the lurchers. I have a blue dog at the moment. We use them for ferreting ratting lamping coursing rabbits and a few long ears (pre ban) il put the pick up later . I think it really depends on what you want to use it for

on rabbits they are good. biggest problem i've found and been told of in pure whippet is the feet, bit of a weak point pick up lots of little injuries. and they effected by bad weather. might be worth looking for one with some terrier mixed in, tougher feet and coat. just my opinion, best of luck with whatever you go for. and happy birthday in a month!!

i have always had pure whippets and there smashing little dogs which iv seen takeing most quarry :gunsmilie: just make sure yu do your research fist and get a good hardy strain and you will avoide most of the problems that people say but they are effected by the cold.