curious about lurchers

I've always been a Labrador girl, using them for beating and occasionally picking up, but am now living next door to a 14 year old! non working lurcher (3/4 greyhound, 1/4 Irish wolfhound) and have fallen in love.

I've never seen a lurcher work, anyone up for showing me one eve? could be a new interest, this :) I'm in York but close to North York Moors etc.

I'm also interested in how different crosses form the character of the dog and what work he'll be best at.

Atb Ruth.

Never thought about Youtube, thanks! It'll let me see more what goes on plus a keeper friend's going to take me lamping.

Beddy cross sounds good, will look into them more. Thanks for everyone's help :) atb Ruth.

• 1 month later...

bedlington cross whippet or greyhound probubly the first 2 on list if your only after that quarry

That's just cos they are current flavour of the month. There are innumerate x's which will and do make excellent rabbit dogs, pretty much anything between 18-26 inches that comes from good working lines will do the trick. As for your neighbours greyhound/wolfhound x - the reason people suggested it might be deer hound is that if it was originally bred for working, very few people in their right mind would use a wolfhound in a breeding programme as they are hardly used for work and so would be from a show line, and they are too big and clumpy to catch much at all. jai.