Barbel.....

I have had a feeling about a certain stretch for the past two evenings. It is the same place i blanked over 20 times last season. Last night i got a ripper of a take, hooked a fish and found the hook opened up! :cry:

It is a hard stretch to get a take on so when one comes along then you want everything to go well.

Fished two rods tonight. An inside rod in the deep channel and a rod cast about 3/4 way across. Got two barbel. The first being a fantastic 9lb 4 ozs in good condition. A great fight too and we made sure it was fully recovered before putting the big girl back again into the main flow.

Then got a bite off on 12lb braid on the inside rod. I was not happy! must have either been a carp or a chub as the phyrangly teeth would easily go through the braided hooklength.Just as we were packing up the indicator dropped and i struck into another which didnt fight until it was almost to the net. Then it went mad!

A perfect looking specimen of 5lb 15oz..

With that i was more than happy. Can't wait to return... :victory:

post-16-030786000 1280875409_thumb.jpg

I have had a feeling about a certain stretch for the past two evenings. It is the same place i blanked over 20 times last season. Last night i got a ripper of a take, hooked a fish and found the hook opened up! :cry:

It is a hard stretch to get a take on so when one comes along then you want everything to go well.

Fished two rods tonight. An inside rod in the deep channel and a rod cast about 3/4 way across. Got two barbel. The first being a fantastic 9lb 4 ozs in good condition. A great fight too and we made sure it was fully recovered before putting the big girl back again into the main flow.

Then got a bite off on 12lb braid on the inside rod. I was not happy! must have either been a carp or a chub as the phyrangly teeth would easily go through the braided hooklength.Just as we were packing up the indicator dropped and i struck into another which didnt fight until it was almost to the net. Then it went mad!

A perfect looking specimen of 5lb 15oz..

With that i was more than happy. Can't wait to return... :victory:

Nice fish ...but you will spend £40 on cheap hooks :o ...buy the best hooks you can I lost a very good seatrout this season that snapped two of the hooks on a treble

Edited by MOO

Just got in and having ten minutes chilling with a can before bed. Fished my usual 'hard' stretch again tonight and luckily managed an 8lber. Not a sniff on boilie, just pellet that did the damage. A fin perfect specimen and this whiskered beauty fought like a tiger. Won't be going back for a good few days so threw several handful of boilies in to try and get the barbel and/or carp feeding in my absence....

This Boris was a cracker...... :victory:

post-16-000625600 1280968208_thumb.jpg

Today decided to visit a stretch of river i had not fished for 11 years. Choc-full of willows and of a reasonable depth the swims my friend and i chose literally screamed "Barbel". The banks were bare and so obviously they had been getting a fair hammering but we gave it a go anyway. If only for old times sake. :victory:

I was using pellet on both rods and after only 20 minutes a nice drop back heralded the start of a great fight and a 7lb 8oz fish. At 9.15 my friend hooked a corker barbel of 7.12, again on the pellet. After that i managed a small chub of about 2lb. It seems that pellet is doing the business... :victory:

post-16-078690700 1281051402_thumb.jpg

post-16-002975400 1281051418_thumb.jpg