Just had the dew claws removed on my 2yr old... Plus a full check up by the well respected greyhound vet paul Evans..

In the check up, he found old injuries, which he knew nothing about...And also found his glands to be swollen in his neck. Said it concerned him a little as this could be due to infection or illness, or something more sinister..So he took a blood test, and i'll get results on monday...

I could just tell that he wasnt running the same and he wasnt himself... Also the dew claw kept flaring up and at one time it couldnt be touched without the dog winching in pain, so hopefully the glands will have been flared up due to this reason, as they could have been infected, anyway job done, so i feel much happier now..

post-17284-039053600 1280556158_thumb.jpg

i dont understand why people leave them on, they should be took off as soon as there born iv'e seen that many dogs laid up because of dew claws, me personally would'nt entertain buying a pup with them because any lurcherman that knows anything about working dogs will take them off.

hope your dogs alright ....albert

i dont understand why people leave them on, they should be took off as soon as there born iv'e seen that many dogs laid up because of dew claws, me personally would'nt entertain buying a pup with them because any lurcherman that knows anything about working dogs will take them off.

hope your dogs alright ....albert

!!!!!! i must know nothing about dogs then hey! dick terpin...

And 90% of folk on here!

Iv had both, dogs with and dogs without, and one dog that had one!!!

The only time they have ever caused any trouble is when i ran my dog on really rough ground, and he knocked one up and it made him lame, but he recovered

I don't think they are as big an issue as people make out unless a dog has really damaged one, as it sounds like runforyourlife's has, then they need shifting.

lurchers can injure there tails, does that mean they should be docked??

Iv had both, dogs with and dogs without, and one dog that had one!!!

The only time they have ever caused any trouble is when i ran my dog on really rough ground, and he knocked one up and it made him lame, but he recovered

I don't think they are as big an issue as people make out unless a dog has really damaged one, as it sounds like runforyourlife's has, then they need shifting.

lurchers can injure there tails, does that mean they should be docked??

Daveo, ALBERT is talking shit mate....

Hope he makes a speedy recovery, I had to have mine done in the middle of last season.. :( They were fine until he chased a rabbit through a hedge & onto a tarmac car park. He split one right along the length of it, so I had them both off.

Straight after the op:

07-10-09_1623.jpg

One of the scars:

10-10-09_1345.jpg