What a waste of tax payers money.

Been out for a stroll this evening and my pup got off the lead (collars too big) and got into a field.

No amount of coaxing would fetch her out so i went into get her thats when i noticed a tractor parked up.

I got the bitch back and went back to the footpath.

20 mins later I was having a sit down whilst the bitch had a drink when the bloody helicoper appeared over me.

It stayed for about 2 mins just hovering then left.

I walked back to the car park and met a chap who said a farmer was looking for a fella with a dog, I.E me.

As i was leaving a 4x4 blocked me in the carpark.

And two blokes jumped out

Conversation went like this:

Farmer- what the f**k do you think your doing with that lurcher?

me- walking her.

farmer- what are you doing up here?

me- walking her.

farmer- where?

me- on the footpath.

farmer- what have you being running?

me- nothing.

farmer- why were you in my field then?

me- my pup got off the lead, i went to get her, she's only 6 months old.

farmer- im warning you if i see that lurcher up here again, i'll shoot it no warning i'll shoot it.

me- if im walking it on a footpath? i come up here with the kids.

farmer- no then.

me- Nice one, can you move your motor please?

farmer- yes

me- thanks for your time.

All the time his mate was on the phone to the old bill, giving my discription and details of the car i was in ETC.

I have nothing against him coming over to see what i was upto but i could have the kids and wife with me.

I was a genuine accident, and he could'nt wait to call the plod and come shouting at me.

How much tax payers money has that wasted?

Im pretty dicked off about it, I dont like being shouted at.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just go up there more often mate, they'll get fed up before you do

Daveo, fair play to you for maintaining a polite demeanor in the face of bolshy rudeness.

some farmers enjoy the power, and kicking people off the land is the only thrills they get sometimes, when i get pulled lamping i politly say you didnt see me, or did you? if they did proceed to thro

ring the old bill and have his gun away mate, the law is on your side. you can shoot a dog that is worring stock but you cant tell anybody that your going to shoot his dog the next time you see it, that is thretning with intent . plus you have got romeing rights. i have a good friend that is a shepperd, and he has to footpaths that run straight through his feild, he rung the police and said there was a rotty tacking his lambs, and they told him to shoot the dog, but if he warned the person first that if he would have his ticket revocked for threatning behaviour. all the best x38

Daveo, fair play to you for maintaining a polite demeanor in the face of bolshy rudeness.

Yep Bert, dead right, Davo did well.:thumbs:

Sometimes being very polite can save a whole world of shite, usually puts landowners on the backfoot too, when they realise they ain't gonna get a slanging match, abuse or a tear up, which when they get out there to confornt you they are expecting....!

Don't get me wrong, sometimes, with some folk, it really don't work and then... Well thats your call.....!!:whistling:

As for ridiculous helecopter call outs and tax payers money.... I now live in the house I've always wanted to live in, full panoramic of nothing but fields, idilic...? The one fly in the

ointment, is it sits right over Merseyside Police chopper flightpath....:censored:

Well done for keeping your cool and just be wary next time as he could be like an idiot that was up this way years ago who even threatend to shoot an off duty coppers staffy pluss he actually shot at two lads who were walking their rotties and alsations and one of the lads was a fireman and all he got was a w100_0382.jpgarning.

ItS not clear from what iv written above, but it was my brothers car we were in he was also with me and a friend was with us too.

My brother will be calling the police tomorrow, at the least its threatening behaviour.

Cheers Lads. :thumbs:

some farmers enjoy the power, and kicking people off the land is the only thrills they get sometimes, when i get pulled lamping i politly say you didnt see me, or did you? if they did proceed to thro te 37amp batter trough thier windscreen :whistling:

Thats all fine and dandy mate but i was'nt doing anything wrong.

Just walking a young dog.

end of the day mate youre dog was some where it wasnt supposed to be albeit a genuine accident. this farmer may have had problems in the past from poaching damage to property etc and naturally assumed you could have been the guilty party. just take it on the chin

some farmers enjoy the power, and kicking people off the land is the only thrills they get sometimes, when i get pulled lamping i politly say you didnt see me, or did you? if they did proceed to thro te 37amp batter trough thier windscreen :whistling:

Thats all fine and dandy mate but i was'nt doing anything wrong.

Just walking a young dog.

i do feel for you, gettin labelled before knowing the script is a poor way to treat someone