my other half said he is thinking of getting me a small plot of land to shoot on. we would be looking at land without planning permission, or of any real value. for shooting and keeping chikens on. but how do we go about it? need a step by step guide

Is vary in price a big diffrence , if you wish shoot land buy near big woodland, with water close by, or is on. Land is grade in quality meadow, to serverly diadvantage land, so can be £1 000 to £25 000 per acre. look around area of moorland, where farmer clear over many year, hill land cheeper also, woodland with many tree also good price. No change land if buy, no cut tree down or change too much , you get azz kicked !! Then save you money, & buy as you buy home.Look in Farmer guardian, is in shop friday. :thumbs: Once buy land , get police & firearm authority to clear for calibre you wish .

thanks. do we need a solicitor like when you buy a house?

Not entirely sure, I'm sure if you ring a number on the site they will be able to tell you, I haven't personally brought anything from woodlands but I was looking into it, and still am.

All the best,

Joe

i toyed with the idea of buying summat from the woodlands website,but then started thinking about the farms i have permission on and how much land they have doing feck all,so i told a few of the farmers my plans,very much like yours,just to keep chickens on and grow a bit of stuff and i now rent an acre for £80 a year :boogie: yes thats right £80 a year :notworthy: i couldnt believe it,give it a try you never know :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

No you no need solisitor, but you mus know what you do. most solisitor fee £300/400 but may be worth, look in paper/ or yellow book. I know man who buy farm near nuclear factory, he has all legal team, but no one say, the new factory build in next field to him, 5 acre away :icon_eek: so, nothing garantee ! No council tax or rate for land :thumbs: , defra pay you over 9 acre,per acre :thumbs:

land isnt cheap we brought 4 acres just over 5 years ago for £24000 with no water or services just old grazing land, but you pay less per acre the more you buy so depends on your budget.

it is worth having a solicitor as they look for rights of ways etc and any covenants that the land may have ie you may think it is just grazing land but the previous owners may have granted permission for the parish to hold its yearly fate on the ground, it only cost us around £100 for this.

there is no council charges on the ownership of land. :thumbs: