A day well spent

Today i had the pleasure of an invite to ferret some land that i dont suppose has been ferreted for some years. Considering the whole of suffolk seems to be in a myxi fueled rabbit drought i didnt expect large numbers to grace our nets, but was more than happy to except the invite. Its always a pleasure to spend the day in good company out in the field,even more so when the weather is shining as it has been today,end of novenber be damned,it felt more like early spring. I for one have done my fair share of undergrowth clearing and im not scared to get stuck in but i must admit, i was a little glad that the clearing had been done last wk :whistle:

Thanks to Hedgehunter for the invite and thanks to Simonw for the pish taking that started as soon as i stepped from the 4x4. This set the tone for the day, only getting worse as the day went on. Also with us was freelance photographer Greg(cant remember his surname,Sorry :icon_redface: ) God only knows what he thought of us three amigos as this was the first time he had met us all :hmm:

Like i said ,here in suffolk there has been a lot of myxi around of late so to catch what we did was just an added bonus to what was a realy enjoyable day

ferts002.jpg

Again thanks to hedgehunter for the invite,great way to spend a day off work and 37 rabbits to boot :)

well happy.

Indeed it was a good day and thankyou mr hedgey for knocking on our doors for help removing some fine suffolk bunnies :clapper:

the day itself could not have gone better, the weather was fantastic for this time of year, the lads were on fine form, jusr like the dogs and ferrets. In life, it is nice to know that when people ask for help, they will always be peple willing to help, unfortunately i dont think old hedgey realises just what he has gotten himself mixed up in, i mean, ferreters, what next, netters :diablo:

As the skip drove up to the site we saw planty of fat bunns running for home, little did they know we had a party and their were the star guests :rocker:

As Molecatcher pointed out as the craic went about thick and fast, these days out are taken for granted by us but seeing the awestruck host, he was like a rabbit stuck in a beam, just gawping as we removed bunny after bunney, infact even we couldnt believe how it was going.

Hopefully we havent deceived him by showing him a few good days, next time we will have to go on a usual job, one that is as normal as possible, plenty of thorn, ditches and digs as he loved the feel of the soil sword so much :laugh:

I cannot wait for the re-match as we only did a small percentage after we cleared the evergreen undergrowth, for this little patch of heaven, this is war.

personally i was pleased with how the ferrets worked, how little Maud performed and especially the pup, Millie, i know she is testing me to the limit but i have a gut feeling she will be a asset to the team, working alongside Maud.

At only 5 months of age, she is out ferreting for a short time each day along with the normal obeduiance stuff so the future looks bright.

this is what i like about the closely knit world we live and work in, these days out not only with those more experianced than ourselves but to see the newcomers perspective of what we do, this is just as important as they see it differently and this is something we should learn from, how to keep it fun :drink: