question for the vehicle lampers

in actual fact it was the first type of lamping with a dog, think its in Walshe's book keppers 60-70 year ago were doing with old motor cars and whippets and lurches running along side catching the bunnys

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was always a walker but I had the pleasure of joining some genuine lads off this site for a few nights out and have to say its an excellent way to do things, and the only way if you want to get

nothing against you mate, but thats some usfull information to the police or who ever else is on this site.

from what ive seen mate you find a rabbit/hare/deer or fox,shine it up and run it round with the motor till its fecked then chuck out all the dogs and drive after them whilst still shining the prey.

Guest fence_hopper

Well I was always a walker but I had the pleasure of joining some genuine lads off this site for a few nights out and have to say its an excellent way to do things, and the only way if you want to get right on to lots of testing game for your dogs especially in areas where they are lamp shy. The advantages of lamping from the motor are many. Its the vehicle which gets you caught 9 times out of 10. If the blue brigade get a report from farmer giles that your in his fields all they need do most times is coming looking for your parked motor then locate you via your lamp. If your in the field in your 4x4 if you spot anyone coming you can ditch the lights and move off to a more concealed spot within said field, or kill all the lights and make your way across the land to another completely different area without anyone being any the wiser. Plod meanwhile is driving around saying damn they must have made good their escape :boogie: For lamping large game its a must, who wants to carry a hefty beast on their back to a motor several miles away?

Those who say its lazy have never done a full nights shift at this game, the dogs have to be fit, cos whatever they are dropped on is running full pelt, the 4x4 and lamp does give an edge but the dog still has to put the graft in to catch its prey. The gate person has to jump in and out of the vehicle a lot to open gates, because contrary to what the press would have you beleive, not everyone who does it just drives through the fences and trashes the gates lol. At the end of a full nights lamping being bounced around all over the place in high speed pursuit, the adrenaline buzz of watching the runs etc your glad to get a bite to eat and a bit of kip before the drive home.

The only bad thing about lamping from a motor is the extra chance of the dog colliding with the vehicle in the heat of a chase this is a possibility, but then the running dog game is fraught with potential hazards.

Just my take on things :thumbs:

nothing against you mate, but thats some usfull information to the police or who ever else is on this site.

• Like 2

YOU WANT TO TRY HEADING NORTHWARDS ON THE A1 ROUND THE BORDER AREA. LOT OF KEEPERS & LANDOWNERS HAVE STARTED PUTTING PADLOCKS & CHAINS ON GATES 2 STOP THIS DRIVING IN TO FIELDS ON LAMP. ACCIDENTS ARE ALWAYS BOUND TO HAPPEN WITH 2 DOGS GETTING OUT OF WINDOW`S ETC IN THE DARK. THIS HAPPENED 2 MY [bANNED TEXT] YEARS AGO & THE SUBSEQUENT COLLISION BURST 1 DOGS SPLEEN, LEADING 2 ITS DEATH. CERTAINLY I HAVE TRIED IT IN THE PAST & U COVER A LOT MORE GROUND IN A VEHICLE, BUT I PREFER DAYTIME. HOWEVER THESE DAY`S PERHAPS YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR RUNNING WHERE YOU CAN GET IT.

Edited by optimus

Theres no way i could cover all my ground in a night without a 4x4, if i walked it, everything would be scared off before you got close enough for a slip.

But with a 4x4 the game isnt as spooked, or if it is its easy to catch up with or cut it off from getting to the hedge etc.

Its not about purism, or laziness, its about dogs on game!

atb

Molie

Guest it's all my land after 12

Well I was always a walker but I had the pleasure of joining some genuine lads off this site for a few nights out and have to say its an excellent way to do things, and the only way if you want to get right on to lots of testing game for your dogs especially in areas where they are lamp shy. The advantages of lamping from the motor are many. Its the vehicle which gets you caught 9 times out of 10. If the blue brigade get a report from farmer giles that your in his fields all they need do most times is coming looking for your parked motor then locate you via your lamp. If your in the field in your 4x4 if you spot anyone coming you can ditch the lights and move off to a more concealed spot within said field, or kill all the lights and make your way across the land to another completely different area without anyone being any the wiser. Plod meanwhile is driving around saying damn they must have made good their escape :boogie: For lamping large game its a must, who wants to carry a hefty beast on their back to a motor several miles away?

Those who say its lazy have never done a full nights shift at this game, the dogs have to be fit, cos whatever they are dropped on is running full pelt, the 4x4 and lamp does give an edge but the dog still has to put the graft in to catch its prey. The gate person has to jump in and out of the vehicle a lot to open gates, because contrary to what the press would have you beleive, not everyone who does it just drives through the fences and trashes the gates lol. At the end of a full nights lamping being bounced around all over the place in high speed pursuit, the adrenaline buzz of watching the runs etc your glad to get a bite to eat and a bit of kip before the drive home.

The only bad thing about lamping from a motor is the extra chance of the dog colliding with the vehicle in the heat of a chase this is a possibility, but then the running dog game is fraught with potential hazards.

Flamin' nora .....fence hopper got a point ..... we should ALL really watch what we post .... ears and eyes everywhere. before anyone posts they should

read 'BAITING THE TRAP' by Tony Saunders (ISBN 0-7432-0747-5) an RSPCA inspector ...it will give you an insight of how they work...

Edited by it's all my land after 12
  • Like 1

from what ive seen mate you find a rabbit/hare/deer or fox,shine it up and run it round with the motor till its fecked then chuck out all the dogs and drive after them whilst still shining the prey.

Then stand around the dead thing and all take photos so you can go on sites and congratulate each other on having the biggest baddest bull cross f**k ups of all time and dream stories of how their bred and generally be a disgrace to mankind.

LAZY BUGGERS, with emphasis on buggers

Edited by hound dog
  • Like 2

been people driving stubbles for more years than comps were on the go if you have big land stubbles and not all holding only way to cover ground is to drive but neveron sown and never disrecpects the mans crops full stop ,not worth it ,im realythinking these internetds are the worst place for genuine hnting guys adios

:yes:
  • Like 1

mods can take it down then if you think its that incriminating, I didnt think it was no names places quarry etc were named ? lots of people critisize things they have never tried. farmers keepers police etc are well aware that vehicle lamping takes place like whin says it has gone on for a while so its not like its a new thing. make sure you remove the 4 or 5 posts after where people have quoted it as well :thumbs:

Guest Defender Poacher

re.. flamin nora post.......Anyone who thinks the police, farmers, keepers are naive enough not to know exactly what vehicle lamping is about is deluding themselfs. How long has openings been getting blocked, gates being locked ets etc? for and years years not just recently. Keepers, farmers work that land everyday does anyone seriously think they dont notice strange tyre tracks etc in places they arent usually in? this site and your pc will incriminate a person who thinks there anonymous much better than being caught where the should not be in the hours of darkness!!!!!

• Like 2

:blink: Must be great having really thick gamekeepers/farmers and police around your way mate, just switch off the lights and they'll not notice a great big 4x4 in a field..... wow.... Makes you wonder how they survive.........

I dunno.... if this is the advantage of driving around a field what is the point? You'd be as well going one stage further and buying a dvd player for the car, go out with the dogs, find a nice carpark and watch a lamping DVD!!! Save getting your nice wee tyres all dirty......... :doh: