Bettinsoli SG's

Hi all,

I'm looking for peoples opinions on Bettinsoli Shotguns.

Looks like I can get a new Bettinsoli for the price of a second hand Beretta or Browning.

Is this because they are cr@p?

Out of the three what would you buy?

Thanks,

Mick.

Hi all,

Looks like I can get a new Bettinsoli for the price of a second hand Beretta or Browning.

I have used a mates Bettinsoli and it was a nice shotgun but in my opinion it wouldn't hold its second hand value as much as Beretta or Browning.....so given the choice I would opt for a second hand Beretta/Browning.:thumbs:

Edited by dave1372

my old mans just brought a brand new bettinsoli the dulux model it is a lovley gun for its price and cant fault it it just depends wether you want new or second hand personly i would go for berreta second hand as i do mainly pigeon /rabbit shooting so a new gun would just get scratched and banged as i am not good at looking after things :11: but as i say nothing wrong with bettinsoli in my oppinion :thumbs:

Hi all,

Is this because they are cr@p?

Thanks,

Mick.

Hi.

Why not get a Benelli, they beat them all.

Hi all,

I have used a makes Bettinsoli and it was a nice shotgun but in my opinion it wouldn't hold its second hand value as much as Beretta or Browning.....so given the choice I would opt for a second hand Beretta/Browning.:thumbs:

im with dave1375 on this one a nice secondhand beretta or browning will give you a better resale later

i have had my bettinsoli for about 8 years now, it has had a rattle in it for years but dont affect the gun, i cant fault em, mine is the basic range paid £595 new, my dad brought the next model up had it 3 months and it started double discharging, took it back and they couldnt find the fault but carried on doing it, it doesnt matter what gun you have whether its a baikl or a Boss its the person behind that matters

i have had my bettinsoli for about 8 years now, it has had a rattle in it for years but dont affect the gun, i cant fault em, mine is the basic range paid £595 new, my dad brought the next model up had it 3 months and it started double discharging, took it back and they couldnt find the fault but carried on doing it, it doesnt matter what gun you have whether its a baikl or a Boss its the person behind that matters

Ive had 2 Bettinsoli 12g shotguns the first was a sporter it used to double discharge and also broke a few firing pins then I got the Diamond and it was a very nice gun served me well until I traded it in for my Beretta urika2.

I bought my Bettinsoli Silver 12g second hand last month for clays, first gun and I think it's cracking. After reading all the advice on here, other forums and magazines I went for the best fit over make. I tried Berettas, Brownings, Lanbers and AYAs. The Bettinsoli was the best fit by far.

I would definitely go with the gun that feels the best. At first I really wanted a Beretta 687 I had found with realy well figured wood but it just felt awkward. Happy Shopping!

I have an "Armi Bettinsoli" O/U 12g and although it could do with a tidy up I bet it'll still be worth the money I paid for it in a year or two. I bought it as it was a good fit and within my (rather tight) budget. My advice is to buy a second hand gun for your first gun as it'll keep its value fairly well (even if it isn't worth much) and if you knock it around its not the end of the world.

I have an "Armi Bettinsoli" O/U 12g and although it could do with a tidy up I bet it'll still be worth the money I paid for it in a year or two. I bought it as it was a good fit and within my (rather tight) budget. My advice is to buy a second hand gun for your first gun as it'll keep its value fairly well (even if it isn't worth much) and if you knock it around its not the end of the world.

I had the Bettinsoli Diamond and I paid close to £650 for it brand new and it was still in A1 condition when I sold it and I only got £300 for it mate so they dont hold thier price that well.....

I had the Bettinsoli Diamond and I paid close to £650 for it brand new and it was still in A1 condition when I sold it and I only got £300 for it mate so they dont hold thier price that well.....

Bet it'd still fetch £300 though... My point is that if you buy new then you're almost guaranteed to lose money but if you only pay say £300 in the first place then the chances are you'll get your £300 back when you decide to upgrade.

Bet it'd still fetch £300 though... My point is that if you buy new then you're almost guaranteed to lose money but if you only pay say £300 in the first place then the chances are you'll get your £300 back when you decide to upgrade.

Ah... yes mate I agree with that,I didn't understand it correctly first time I read it mate... sorry :icon_redface: