I was out shooting with the 17Hmr last night and got to one of my favourite valley's for a bunny stakeout got there about 8ish shot 4 in the first half hour then went still for about 20mins i left all rabbits were i shot them until the pick up later.When a couples fox cubs caught my eye at the top of the skyline no intention of shooting them i watched them chase and play then they went and now the light was starting to change i looked back up the hill to see 2 badgers out mooching then 2 more rabbits came out so i shot one and to my suprise the badgers stayed out the shots seemed fairly loud to me and they were about 100yards away so i kept watching and still and then came suprise no2 one of the badgers found one of my dead rabbits and sniffed it a few times then started to eat it head first i was suprised. So not wanting to lose any other rabbits i started walking towards it and got so close i could here it crunching on the rabbit so i tapped my sticks together and it just looked up and kept feeding so i shouted and it ran with the rabbit to the hedge and i had one less bunny for me but i thought they were ment to be really wild and weiry. :hmm:

Guest jt750

They have no natural enemies so are not afraid and being nocturnal are pretty much left alone. Personally i wouldn't get that close to them as they can be bad tempered

Its not uncommon these days to see Badgers in daylight hours or near to dwelling houses ect ,i have heard of two case recently of family dogs being attacked by them in there own garden . :yes:

Its not uncommon these days to see Badgers in daylight hours or near to dwelling houses ect ,i have heard of two case recently of family dogs being attacked by them in there own garden . :yes:

yes you have to look out for your dogs :laugh:

hunting140.jpg

Hows this for wild and weiry

Yep.....and this one would have walked right into me If I hadn't of taken a photo of it and the flash startled it. It just grunted and headed around me lol !

post-19182-008589100 1279484063_thumb.jpg

See if you can tickle it under the chin, they like that.............. :whistling:

big fuckers aren't they, i've never seen one in the flesh.

Aye and there heavy..............err well they look heavy :thumbs:

big fuckers aren't they, i've never seen one in the flesh.

Aye and there heavy..............err well they look heavy :thumbs:

:thumbs:

back in the day it mut have been a brave dog to go up against on of those.

Oh yes...............powerful beasts they are with some f*****g big claws :thumbs:

2 year ago whilst walking with the terriers through boggy field with 5 ft high reeds thought i'd stepped on a bunny until i stepped back,looked down and realised that i had been stood on the back of a medium sized badger, which scarperd through the undergrowth. don't think that will happen again..CP