how much to pay for a ess

I have to agree with easttyrone i have found an element of snobbery [bANNED TEXT] finding homes for the odd litter i breed wether its down to me not registering them or because i am known as an ex bird poacher i dont know TBH i coul100_0178-1.jpgdent give two hoots.atb dell

@ hilly very true mate!

If i was the OP i would just get a pup as your going to pay £1000 + for that dog you want!!

Its better to no what you've got from the start if it turns out bad its down to you,

You get people who blame the dog when it them

lot's of people can and will help you out get some book's on the working springer + i will send you a dvd for free mate?

Even if you get a 3-6 month old pup it will save £££!!

Don't be put off by other people saying its was a tw*t training their dog!

Maybe that fella was sh*t and did not no what he was doing.

Training is not hard with a springer You've got 100+ years of breeding on your side!!

The pup i bread would never retrieve The dummy but soon as i shoot some game she dose it,

One day she flushed a bunny off the field when she was 9 month it ran in some cover so i send her in to get it then she came out in under a minute then sat at heal!!

I told her to go and get it she would not move then i looked at her and she had the bunny in her mouth.

So who's the dumb one ???? ME

I have to agree with easttyrone i have found an element of snobbery [bANNED TEXT] finding homes for the odd litter i breed wether its down to me not registering them or because i am known as an ex bird poacher i dont know TBH i coul100_0178-1.jpgdent give two hoots.atb dell

Poacher That dog is lush How old is it!

Poacher That dog is lush How old is it!

She was about 14 month in the pic one i bred myself from a line of springers i have had for 25 years hasten to add not my line lol but a mix of different lines including gwibernant rytex and quarry brae whos pedigrees i saw but more importantly how they worked.Theirs a topic on this site called show us your springers a pic of the mother and grandmother to my mates dog in the pic is on their.atb dell

hi all.....ive been doing a lot of woody shooting this last few month with my mate the thing is we keep looseing birds in cover and hay fields.......we both own terriers and lurchers but never trianed a gundog so how much should i be looking to pay for a ess that is basicly trianed sit stay and fetch will do, i can get the dog out beating during the shooting season no problems...... most gundog men i no say £250/350 do,es this sound right as ive looked at prices for pups just off the tit and the prices range from £350/500

a good top pup will cost you 500 easy mate and half trained will cost you 1300 easy any less you want get the best

if buying a pup, try to get out and see the parents work, papers or not.

my springer is 11months, doing well, he has no papers and neither did his parents, but they were good dogs from good working stock.

why would a dog want papers, sure they cant read

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/irishnut100/dogs/fone117.jpg

hes carrying amazing muscle on him at the minute, swims like an eel and beats hard already

• Like 1

hi lads.....i,ve got a pup sorted for next year...me mate is takeing 2 ess pups off his pal and when they reach 6 month he wil make his mind up which one he will keep for f/t comps and i can have the other one for a small fee to give to the breeder ......im very pleased as my pal will have them doing the basics sit stay and fetch whats even better he,s retired and said he will show me the ropes to bring the dog on to a decent standard he,s tryed to get me to get a ess for years and i said no every time.......the pups are due in 2-3 weeks time i,ll leave him to choose the pups then let him do his thing with them...roll on march -april....graham4877 i would,nt mind seeing the dvd and dont mind paying for it at all thanks

@ EastTyrone Read my post again Then think real hard!!

You missed my point

i know were u are comming from, telling people to be carefull but there is a snobishness within gun dogs that needs to be abolished

snobishness you can say that again!!

The papers are just a trust thing!!

Like i could breed from my old springer who's 7 in october and use her daughter's papers who's

3 in november!!

fu*k me av seen some sh*t dog's with papers!

My grandad's dog is a topper and his sister both have no paper but both dam n sire had paper's!!

when i was 16 i got a springer bitch off a fella who said both sire/dam had died sire was hit by a car and dam died having pup's

then about 6 month later i found out who he was PuPy farmer

My car has no MOT and no insurance and I don't care either - so I guess I am not a snob then

Edited by potshot

My car has no MOT and no insurance and I don't care either - so I guess I am not a snob then

theres a difference mot and insurance are vital to stay on the right side of the law and to make you legal for the road. where as you dont need papers for a good wrking dog