which 4x4

Guest midnight_runner

Guest midnight_runner

going for a second hand car and want a 4x4 i was thinking landrover freelander or sporttrack but not realy sure was wondering whats the most reliable and ones to avoid any info would be great cheers :hmm:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going for a second hand car and want a 4x4 i was thinking landrover freelander or sporttrack but not realy sure was wondering whats the most reliable and ones to avoid any info would be great cheers :hmm:

go for isuzu bighorn lwb 3.1 td get fresh import like brand new underneath go for manual, cheep to insure DONT go for trooper rot boxes, pick most parts up of ebay (cheep)

Ive had most 4x4s over the years, i would definetly go for jap stuff if i were you, cant beat the reliability, landrovers fine if your a fully paid up member of the AA, just my experience in the motor trade.
Try a toyota hi lux surf,remember when top gear tried to kill one?

i've just got another fourtrak independent and i cant fault them really, especially with these tyres on ;)

101_0081_edited.jpg

Lucky what mpg do you get with it?

around 30, but i'm not a steady driver :)

cracking motors lucky,what did you give for it if you dont mind me asking.

they seem to be coming down nicely in price,when oportunity knocks i,ll have another

i bought it off a mate of mine for a £1000, a bargain i think ;)

miles there bombproof shame about the speed on the smaller engines though...

If anyone buys a mitsu shogun/pajero, toyota hilux/surf, daihatsu fourtrak and you get a half decent example, look no further, they will get you anywhere with the right tyres and all are reliable workhorses..

the mitsu 2.5td engine has stood the test of time, it was used in the 91 shoguns not sure about even earlier and still used up until the 2005 model l200s I'm sure before the new shape and style of DI engine replaced it, its just keeps going..

ps most of the newer engines the last few years Direct-injection “common rail” diesel engines require really clean pump fuel..the benefits being quieter engine noise, improved power and economy and lower emissions...older diesel engines you just throw anything in though.. :laugh: