saluki grey x greyhound?

ive just got a new pup his dad is a saluki greyhound and his mam is a pure greyhound (ex racing) and the dad working any ideas on how this dog will turn out given a good upbring and training?

Hi there..

Here in South Africa many ppl use this type of cross to hunt animals and they are very good hunting dogs..

Guest SUPERTED

ive just got a new pup his dad is a saluki greyhound and his mam is a pure greyhound (ex racing) and the dad working any ideas on how this dog will turn out given a good upbring and training?

Shouldnt you have asked yourself that question before getting the dog?atb with it any ways,any pics?

[/qa

all depends on the up bringing and the entering but shound be fast :thumbs:

I have owned a few of that breeding. Some good, and some not so good. The important thing i found was working out the dog and trying to get it on your side as well as plenty of training.

Often they can be unresponsive if their owner chastises them too much, or indeed shows them any aggression as a youngster as they are wont to remember this for the rest of their lives.

On the plus side they will be fast, very fast, and have great prey drive. They are loyal and one-man-dogs that are devoted to their owner. They have better feet than a greyhound and are much more tractable. Personally i find them responsive.

But, a man needs to decide what he wants his quarry to be and choose a dog to suit. :victory:

Heres one doing a nice retreive back to hand. First retreive was at about 6 months of age, just proving that you do not need to start them retreiving from 10 weeks old. :victory:

post-16-041516400 1278945629_thumb.jpg

cant see his feet being the best would of thought it was prone to injury just like a greyhound but good luck and all the very best :thumbs:

had this cross just parted with her her feet were very good never once knocked them up or anything and ran on all grounds she was 26" 60lb had a go at all game and was dynamite on bunnies and long ear a very very quick dog :thumbs:

post-39452-069838700 1278967859_thumb.jpg

post-39452-076908100 1278967882_thumb.jpg

post-39452-067778400 1278967927_thumb.jpg

i cant believe how much that dog looks like my pup! exactly the same white markings

are you on about the dog of mine mate,she was a beauty real nice dog done all i asked but i was after a out and out lamper to run all night long she was more of a daytime dog wish i never sold her :wallbash:

'scotty2306' date='12 July 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1278968008' post='1630048']

the p***y poacher' date='12 July 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1278939721' post='1629247']

cant see his feet being the best would of thought it was prone to injury just like a greyhound but good luck and all the very best :thumbs:

had this cross just parted with her her feet were very good never once knocked them up or anything and ran on all grounds she was 26" 60lb had a go at all game and was dynamite on bunnies and long ear a very very quick dog :thumbs:

u not got that dog anymore mate

atb poacherman