Rabbits.

Now then you airgunners, had the Mrs moaning the other day about the state of the garden, how can you love the country side and not look after your garden, dandelions are part of the countryside my dear I said, so as you can imagine she was not impressed with my humour, I personally thought I was hilarious :laugh: So it was apparent that I was going to get dragged down to the garden centre, her foot was down, and if I was'nt careful it would be up my arse :D the next day we set off for the garden centre. I decided I would treat the Mrs to an icecream made by our local icecream maker, so I pulled in at one of those little spots with a few tables and chairs that you come across while your lost in the countryside. I walked up the the van and joined the queue, it was'nt long before I noticed some really nice rabbit runs cutting across the grassed area, and when it was my turn to get served I said, bet you have a few rabbits to the lad in the icecream van and laughed, he said I would'nt think it was funny if it was my grass the rabbits were digging up, and that because it was stoney ground the grass was on, when the rabbits dig it up the stones are left on top, hence when he cut his grass the mower blades chop up the stones, I said, you should get them whacked mate, what do you mean he replied, if the rabbits were pissing me off like they are you I would whack them :D How do you mean he said, giz a couple of big 99's and have a walk round the place with me and I will explain ;) So there I was walking around with my free 99 with double flake thinking things could'nt get much better, slup! So after showing him what I would do he said to me, how much would you charge to clear the f**ckers from my land, I said I did'nt have time as I had a lot of land to work on all year round, he said I will double your money, I was just about to say no when I spotted four big bunnies sat out digging, and you can guess what my answer was, rabbits to me are like smack to a junkie, I cant say no, if I had'nt seen any rabbits I would have been fine, honest :yes: I asked what time he closed the gates to the grass paddock, he said 7 in the evening, so I said I would go back that evening and have a look with my mates HW100T and Mr Loops, and off I went, slurp! The Mrs was not happy, I said to her, whats up chuck, she replied in a gruff voice and slightly fuchsia face, how many 99's does it take to get the garden done :icon_redface: So I bought the Mrs a few plants, and an Apricot tree that will be trained to wire, one day :D Anyway, this is one side of the paddock in the first pic, its all fenced off so that when the kids are having a play no baddies can run off with them without passing the parents first, so this is where I will start this job, there are four sides to this place, two sides are tree lined to stop the wind ripping through, and the other is tall grass as this is the side folk like to sit and watch the sun go down while dribbling over a Mr Whippy of their choice.

DSCF4027.jpg

The owner said he did'nt know where most of the rabbits were coming from, but I did, in pic two you can see the gaps under the fence where the little playground vandals are crawling under, so this is where I set up to snipe them, and it was a good viewpoint to watch to see where the other bunny vandals were coming from for my next visit ;)

DSCF4026.jpg

Game on. I could see rabbits on the other side of the fence, but I could'nt whack them until they set foot on this side of the fence, very frustrating stuff, I wanted to whack them all :laugh: The first rabbit made its way under the fence, I let him come right onto the grass from under the trees, thinking that if I whack one on the grass if would leave room to whack another under the trees before I had to pick any up. Well it worked a treat, WHACK! one down on the grass, it back flipped its self out of the way, WHACK! the second one bounced off out of the way to make room for number three, who was sat just in front of the mesh, so I whacked him before he had a chance to change his mind and hop back. A quick pick up to avoid too much of a blood scent floating about, and I was ready to roll again. Number four came under the fence, and I felt a re-run of plan A would be the way to go, four stepped onto the grass, WHACK! He lept into the air like Randy de Puniet performing a high side for his fans :laugh: Then number five entered the race, he stood looking at his mate, WHACK! You had better join him number five. Number six sat looking for at least ten minutes, the games up I thought, but no, C'mon number six, WHACK! Three on the grass and still room for another under the trees. Number seven was half under the fence when I let it have it, WHACK! Noooooooo! it kicked back under the fence, I'll pick you up later I thought. So number eight made its way under the fence, but changed its mind, so I whacked it anyway, thinking I would pick it up with the other before I left ;) I was just about to pack up, when I clocked number nine sat on the grass watching me, so down with the legs, cross hairs on bonce, WHACK! number nine, space in the freezer for this one. So I packed up, walked over to the fence to pick up the two other siders, bollocks, three rows of barbed wire across the top of the 8ft fence, barbed wire across the middle, and the bottom of the mesh. So a walk around was in order. I spent twenty minutes looking for the two on this side of the fence, but could'nt find hide nor hair of them :angry: So settled for an end of day shot with seven.

DSCF4028.jpg

When I left I could see a few more rabbits on the other side of the fence, so there's a few more to go at yet, so it looks like I will be making the best of the sunny weather and stuffing myself with 99's.

atb

stealthy

• Like 11

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now then you airgunners, had the Mrs moaning the other day about the state of the garden, how can you love the country side and not look after your garden, dandelions are part of the countryside my de

Cheers mate, but I'm sure Cameleon told me you were under the thumb too

Doing the grass bank next time if the wind is in the right direction, should be good numbers from it

nice shooting bud,great bag,i can see who is in charge in your house mate int it surposed to be the other way round mate,your letting the side down,lol,(its the same in my house just dont tell anyone)great write up bud.. :thumbs:

nice shooting bud,great bag,i can see who is in charge in your house mate int it surposed to be the other way round mate,your letting the side down,lol,(its the same in my house just dont tell anyone)great write up bud.. :thumbs:

Cheers mate, but I'm sure Cameleon told me you were under the thumb too :whistling:

• Like 2

Cheers mate, but I'm sure Cameleon told me you were under the thumb too :whistling:

yes mate it is true,SP given for the great write up mate,i forgot to do it the fist time...

sym :thumbs:

yes mate it is true,SP given for the great write up mate,i forgot to do it the fist time...

sym :thumbs:

Thanks mate :D

• Like 1

all them rabbits and free ice cream too... thats the power of the dark side right there for you eh... great write up and top pictures too stealthy, slut point mate, nice 1. :notworthy:

my missus rules my gaff too, but thankfully understands the need to go awol in the name of freezer filling, bless her. :victory:

all the best, wurz

The MASTER at work :yes:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

SPA for such a cracker of a read as always :yes:

Great Virgin land aint it :boogie:

Can't wait for the next installment.

Phantom

Doing the grass bank next time if the wind is in the right direction, should be good numbers from it :clapper:

• Like 2

all them rabbits and free ice cream too... thats the power of the dark side right there for you eh... great write up and top pictures too stealthy, slut point mate, nice 1. :notworthy:

my missus rules my gaff too, but thankfully understands the need to go awol in the name of freezer filling, bless her. :victory:

all the best, wurz

WOMEN! Dont they just expect to much :D

• Like 2