Kits got fleas.!!!

Hey i have just had a litter of 5 kits and they are 4 weeks old now and are covered in fleas.!! i know the weather could have an effect on the numbers of fleas around but i keep trying to clean them off and get rid of them but they keep returning.!

does any one know of any safe methods which i can try, any help would be greatly apreciated.!

Thanks Katie.

The jill will be the root cause I don't know if you can do a nursing jill I have a shed full 10 plus ferrets not a single flea it's important to frontline in the winter after working if there's any sighns a bottle of the spray will last ages still got the one from last winter and not used it once since the last outing in march it is good stuff

it was somthing to treat the kits with was what i wanted as the jill is okay. ill just keep grooming them and bathing them :) also helps them getting used to being handled aswell then..

Thanks for all the advice anyway, it was very apreciated! :)

Edited by katie_0306

an old tip, from an old member "ditch shitter" was to get a cat flea collar, and a short section of 15mm copper tube, drill some small holes in the tubing, so as to perforate it, place collar inside tube and hammer both ends flat, put this into the ferts/kitts bedding area

it was somthing to treat the kits with was what i wanted as the jill is okay. ill just keep grooming them and bathing them :) also helps them getting used to being handled aswell then..

Thanks for all the advice anyway, it was very apreciated! :)

This stuff is licenced to use on ferrets Advocate® Spot-on solution for Small Cats and Ferrets

But it sayes not to use on ferrets under 0.8 kg ... also its a pom .. so you will have to get it from a vets

Treat there accommodation as well & change any bedding

Oh my g I can't believe it I'm so stupid , sorry guys completely slipped my

Mind I was Reading a thread on another forum about a month ago and I don't know wether it works but the person who posted is no dimwit , cider apple vinegar is suposed to be a good natural altenative you make up a solution and bathe them this would be safe for all google it

Thanks for all the advice/ tips they have all been a great help.!!

and the cider apple vinegar i have googled it and seems it does work also the flea cat collar in the tube with holes in GREAT TIP thanks alot to all of you guys they are all worthy of knowing and greatt tips :D cheers xx