Campervan or Car...

After a recent trip to the Lakes my car broke down on the M6 and had to be scrapped

so i'm looking for a replacement vehicle.I am interested in a campervan for a change or some sort of estate car like a volvo,are there any campervan enthusiasts out there who could put some pics up of theirs,particularly van conversions of DIY nature,and any tips at all on what types to get,thanks,

Higgins.

Edited by higgins

After a recent trip to the Lakes my car broke down on the M6 and had to be scrapped

so i'm looking for a replacement vehicle.I am interested in a campervan for a change or some sort of estate car like a volvo,are there any campervan enthusiasts out there who could put some pics up of theirs,particularly van conversions of DIY nature,and any tips at all on what types to get,thanks,

Higgins.

depends who will use it with you, i have a autosleepers for me/wife/dogs,, and wildcamp all the time..also had a vw t4 reimo popup[not big enough]..if its just you and dogs dont spend to much,,my mates spent a fortune converting a vw t5

van conversions are preety easy to do with abit of diy knowledge,dont piss around with fridges/built in cooker etc, you just need a coleman or simliar gas stove and 12volt cool box.did spain france portugal on me motorbike last backend and could knock a hot drink/soup etc up in 3mins..whatever you do wildcamp,,, you wont regret it..and best of all its free...

Edited by byron

got a motorhome and its great.go all over in it with the family,got a mate who im working for at the moment selling an old swift capri motorhome if your interested.its a few years old but in great nick.

Edited by mouse

got a motorhome and its great.go all over in it with the family,got a mate who im working for at the moment selling an old swift capri motorhome if your interested.its a few years old but in great nick.

What condition is it in Mouse and what sort of price is he after?When you say a few years,how many?I'm exploring all options at the minute,it might not be what i want but no harm in looking!Can you stick some pics up on here for me to see,thanks,

Higgins

Are you any good at basic carpentry?If so why not buy a caravan thats had a bump and a van and transfer contents of caravan to the van its not as diffucult as it seems.The windows from the caravan even get used in the van too.

Me and a mate did one for his son to go motocrossing in and it works out surprisingly cheap with the added bonus of the gratification of it being your on project.

What condition is it in Mouse and what sort of price is he after?When you say a few years,how many?I'm exploring all options at the minute,it might not be what i want but no harm in looking!Can you stick some pics up on here for me to see,thanks,

Higgins

will get you some pictures today mate and price and details.had a look around it and it is a lovely old truck and handbuilt inside not flatpacked like todays stuff.

Higgins

will get you some pictures today mate and price and details.had a look around it and it is a lovely old truck and handbuilt inside not flatpacked like todays stuff.

Cheers Mouse,i'm also going looking at an LDV Conversion so we'll see how that pans out,

Higgins.

Are you any good at basic carpentry?If so why not buy a caravan thats had a bump and a van and transfer contents of caravan to the van its not as diffucult as it seems.The windows from the caravan even get used in the van too.

Me and a mate did one for his son to go motocrossing in and it works out surprisingly cheap with the added bonus of the gratification of it being your on project.

Johnny boy that's one of my options(most likely)as a lot of the ready to go campers are not in my price range,i don't mind fitting something out,so i'll see what's around first,

Higgins.

T4 Forum check this place out, you can spend as much or as little as you like on one of these... And theres plenty of parts and extras for turning it into a camper, rock and roll beds, cupboards, extra windows, storage, insulation, heaters, water tanks... well worth considering...

heres some photos from the outside at the place his mum and dad store it.they have had it for 14 years and it is in lovely condition for it age mate.done 800000 genuine miles.wind out awning on the side.double bed over cab and another makes up inside.hot and cold water,new cooker and grill.fridge.its a great old truck which has been well looked after all its life.it is a swift capri.

THEY WANT £5000 FOR IT.LOOKED ON EBAY AND THEY ARE GOING FOR AROUND £7000 .VERY TEMPTED MYSELF TO BUY AND SELL ON BUT I NOT GOT THE CASH.post-589-089164000 1278160400_thumb.jpgpost-589-077522100 1278160420_thumb.jpg

heres some photos from the outside at the place his mum and dad store it.they have had it for 14 years and it is in lovely condition for it age mate.done 800000 genuine miles.wind out awning on the side.double bed over cab and another makes up inside.hot and cold water,new cooker and grill.fridge.its a great old truck which has been well looked after all its life.it is a swift capri.

THEY WANT £5000 FOR IT.LOOKED ON EBAY AND THEY ARE GOING FOR AROUND £7000 .VERY TEMPTED MYSELF TO BUY AND SELL ON BUT I NOT GOT THE CASH.post-589-089164000 1278160400_thumb.jpgpost-589-077522100 1278160420_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mouse,looks ideal and in good nick as you say,it is something i would have

but not in my budget price range though!I think i'm going to have to start from scratch and build one with a panel van,firstly because i need another vehicle soon to get about in,secondly i can control costs in building and just take my time with it,thanks for the pics anyway :thumbs:

Higgins