ticks advise pls?

Guest alastair

Frontline seems great (but £19 from vets :icon_eek: ) I spray it onto some rubber gloves and rub the ferrets all over. I do it about every 3 weeks unless I see any. Usually the more I work them the more they get. I try to avoid round the face but I,ve noticed thet after they've worked they get them on and in the ears and between the toes and on the muzzles but not on the body anymore.

I've got a little bit of cord with a frayed end which soaks up the fromtline(sprayed in the top) and can then be dabbed right on the tick..they seem to drop off overnight.

i use a tick picker myself, whilst out with my old lurcher josie a good many years back we came across a stray ferret, it was covered in ticks i strayed it with that nouvan top and set about it with my tick picker it took my a couple of days to get them all out of the poor sod

Edited by trill

i use a tick picker myself, whilst out with my old lurcher josie a good many years back we came across a stray ferret, it was covered in ticks i strayed it with that nouvan top and set about it with my tick picker it took my a couple of days to get them all out of the poor sod

That nouvan top gear was good stuff in it's day but the vet's round this way stopped selling it a while back..

Millet

I used nuvan top but it is no longer made for some reason, i now use frontline :)

Guest Jane Russell

I've burnt them off with a cigarette but you have to be so careful not to catch the animal and small ticks are impossible so I don't advise it. I've used vaseline too as previously mentioned.

Jane

covering the tick in anything like vaseline, alchohol etc evetually makes it spew up into the blood stream. keep them topped up regulary with frontline and youll never have any problems. bought the first lot when i had my first ferret (about 2-3yrs ago) of a rescue centre, came home and found it had fleas. still using the same bottle now and ive had a few additions since then aswell.