rabbit decoys

has anyone ever tried decoying rabbits into range for air rifle hunting if so do they work ? i seen some online but look just like [bANNED TEXT] they are plastic and shiny toys i think a realistic one would work if it was non shiny and made of fake fur and non shiny then any rabbit seeing his mate out grazing wouls think its safe to join him .....or thats the plan any info on this would be appreciated..cheers

I think unlike pigeons, rabbits would be vary wary about this as they can probably tell that it was dead, has any one tryed having the decoy at different distances so the rabbits are more easily fooled.

oli

Here's a tip for you i use during the breeding season. I personally use the young rabbits as decoys as most of the time you will find the young emerge first from the burrows and the adults emerge after the young, then you just take out the adult and if its ok to do so leave the young to come on a bit. I go early morning as the doe's kick out the bucks early morning after a good night bonking session so 90% of the time you'll get the buck's and leave the pregnant doe's to get on with rearing young.