One from each permission

Went out last night for a while, just a bit of fresh air really.

I took my baby out with me too, figured if there was owt to be had, she'd have em :yes:

Can't remember what time I arrived at the paddock, but went in anyway only a few woodies that made for the sky as soon as I stood up :doh:

As some of you know, I've been trying to get myself used to the metric system rather than yards etc..

I have also set my zero to get the best of out of the self imposed 2.5 centimetre PBR and it is all perfectly well matched to the M1 scope that I recently bought. At 10 mag the crosshairs will take care of everything from 7 metres out to 29.5 metres and then the dots match up at +5metre increments and the top of the post equals 55 metres. Talk about sweet :gunsmilie:

I checked the wires that I had set, nothing in them so carried on and had a wander over to the far side of the permission where the fence seperates Bunny land from the paddock.

As I approached I could see a couple of dozen bunnies around most at the far end and out of range so I decided to move position a little bit and have a shot at the closer ones as you do.

I don't know what spooked them, but all 5 that were closest to me scarpered. I hadn't made a noise, the wind was blowing towards my face, but the sun was just behind me, so may be that was it :hmm:

Anyways most at the far side stayed put and one medium sized bunny was closer than the rest, it was about 35 meters away. I raised my baby and just as I placed the 1st mildot on the top of its head, it took to its heels making its way towards the dual carriage way :wallbash:

I followed it in the scope til it stopped and sat down. Taking my eye away from the scope I estimated it to be round about 50 to 55 metres. I rested the gun on the fence, placed the post of the ret just at the side of the eye and let the 16grain micromissile fly.

This was earie, the sun was behind me and I could see the pellet shining as it spead towards its mark. I remember thinking, 'this is gonna be' but before I finished I saw the bunny do a "Forward Roll" and then go over on its side. Feck me!!! I've seen em do barrel rolls, back flips, lunges, leaps and the high jump, but this was the first time I'd seen a tippletail forward roll.

I made my way to the power sub station and hid my baby down the side as to retrieve the quarry I had to leave the paddock, walk along side the A63 and then climb back over the lower fence to access Bunny Land (couldn't be assed with walking all the way round just to recover one body).

Retrieved I examined the wound the pellet had smashed through the skull at the side of the eye, popped through the eye and stuck up front of the skull. I just love this scope and rifle, they fit me like a glove :yes:

55long_range_trophy.jpg

Heres the close up

55mtr_shot.jpg

The second bunny came as I left the paddock anc climbed through the fence into the cemetery, you should have heard the noise from the mother Crow above :icon_eek:

I could hear her, but the canopy is so thick I couldn't see her or the nests.

Decide I would stand behind a headstone and await any bunny that dares to come from Bunnyland to raid the fresh flowers upon the graves. I was stood for about 30 minutes then out from the corner of my eye I spied a half grown bunny about 20 meters away. Slowley I turned but it must have seen my movement as it sat up then made a dash towards a warren entrance :wallbash: Instead of going down though it stopped behind some tall grass and I could just see part of its head between the grass and one of the hundred plus year old headstones. Figured it would be about 25-30 meters, so I placed the crosshair on the sweetspot and let the shot go, click went the trigger, followed immediately by the phutt as the pellet left the muzzle again followed instantly by a very loud satisfying CRACK and the bunny vanished from sight.

I laid my gun on the ground and went to make sure I had hit the bunny and not clipped the headstone as it was only a matter of a half an inch gap between it and the grass.

Sure enough, theres bug's laid out on her side, a very large blood clot was forming in both her ears.

The pellet had slammed into the right side of the head and exited through the left side decimating the Cerabellum.

Entrance wound

25mtr_entrance.jpg

Exit wound

25mtrexit.jpg

The cloud began to thicken and the light began to go fast :yes: and I wanted another bunny before I made my way home.

Chancing my luck, I went back into the paddock where I saw 3 kits playing near the gate entrance. I took aim at one I estimated to be about 40 meters. Resting agains the fence post, I placed the 2nd mildot on its head and released the shot. Down went that bunny with a loud crack the other two vanished.

Group Portait

group12062010.jpg

Finally I rechecked the wire snares and came home with my bag full :D

Phnatom

• Like 4

hi ya tony

fantastic write up buddy and great pictures as always :thumbs:

glad to see you tried your snares buddy :thumbs:

they are worth putting out aint they pal i'm out monday with the snares gun and mk6 fenns as well so will be interesting to see how many i get and knowing my luck bugger all :wallbash::thumbs:

shay

hi tony

SPA on its way :thumbs:

nice shooting,nice read,nice pic's too! :thumbs:

but a breath of fresh air,does this really justify shooting an Innocent bunny :tongue2:

OMG i think im turning in to a negative poster! :laugh:

well done buddy

regards

davy

out monday with the snares gun and mk6 fenns as well so will be interesting to see how many i get and knowing my luck bugger all :wallbash::thumbs:

shay

Good luck with the traps Shay, I put mine out Friday night, went to see them Saturday after I got up and had one large pregnant Doe that was infested with maggot eggs and flies comming out of the orifices :bad: so left her for the flies and fox.

Archie, I used to have to write multiple statements almost every day in my last job, think thats how I developed an eye for the details. Who, what, where, when, ho, what weapons were involved, height of suspects, clothes eye colour, hair etc..... you get the picture.

Stealthy, Its getting there :yes: although I aint actually been counting :angel:

Davy, I thought out getting a breath of fresh air was all about stopping the bunnies from wasting the fresh air by using it all themselves :tongue2:

Thanks again every one, hoping to be out very early tomorrow for more :thumbs:

Phantom