More Lives Than A Cat

Some of you know that my lurcher bitch is rather, erm, accident prone. She's 2 1/2 years old, and she's forever in the wars. She's had split nails, snagged herself on the trampoline bolts and various trees/fences/other dog's teeth, she nearly ripped her chest clean off at Christmas on barbed wire. She doesn't even work for God's sake, she's just my moochin' buddy. But she is the most accident prone dog I've ever known and she's got scars all over her body.

Set off today for a nice walk and everything was going well, both of them having a good time.

IMGP5706.jpg

IMGP5719.jpg

IMGP5757.jpg

Got a bit warm :laugh:

IMGP5764.jpg

She did some jumping as usual - notice the top of the fence is intact!

IMGP5772.jpg

IMGP5773.jpg

Went through the gate and took the dogs for a swim, and she went for a mad post-wet run around and over that same fence.

Here she goes

IMGP5780.jpg

You can just make out her arse end here

IMGP5782.jpg

I heard an almighty crack over my blaring ipod, but she came back to me in one piece and carried on larking about so I thought nothing of it.

IMGP5786.jpg

IMGP5785.jpg

Time to go, so I go back to that same gate and this is what I see :o

IMGP5803.jpg

IMGP5804.jpg

Jesus wept!!! She even left her fur behind to mark her territory :doh: I really can't believe she isn't hurt, tho I expect a decent bruise later on today.

More of this carry on

IMGP5811.jpg

IMGP5823.jpg

And then a torn stopper pad FFS

IMGP5828.jpg

I sometimes wonder if she'll even make it to 3 years old. Am I the only one with a Liability Dog? Every time we leave the house I lay 50/50 odds on her coming back at all, never mind in one piece - it's tiresome.

My pal John has a daytime dog that is THE most accident prone dog ive ever known, she has more stitches than a patchwork quilt.

When she gets stitched up now she just rolls over and lets you get on wit it :laugh:

Her problem is she tries too hard, has no reverse gear and doesnt know her limits...

When you see her try to clear a barbed wire fence, with another at the far side of the hedge, you just cringe :o

FTB

GTO, I take her out and give her a chance, but I've not got permission or anything like that so our outings are hit and miss really. Plus, I failed miserably with her on the stock breaking thing so I have to be careful where I take her. She's very responsive if I take her out lamping, listens really well etc., but we just don't get many chances.

She is one of those 110% dogs - commits wholeheartedly to everything she does, and is so keen she scares me. And she's lightening fast. It's because of that she's always torn up. I could get a degree in wound care thanks to this mutt :laugh:

She's got a lovely bald patch on her throat where it made contact with the fence :icon_eek: It's a wonder she didn't break her neck!

GTO, I take her out and give her a chance, but I've not got permission or anything like that so our outings are hit and miss really. Plus, I failed miserably with her on the stock breaking thing so I have to be careful where I take her. She's very responsive if I take her out lamping, listens really well etc., but we just don't get many chances.

She is one of those 110% dogs - commits wholeheartedly to everything she does, and is so keen she scares me. And she's lightening fast. It's because of that she's always torn up. I could get a degree in wound care thanks to this mutt :laugh:

She's got a lovely bald patch on her throat where it made contact with the fence :icon_eek: It's a wonder she didn't break her neck!

am not sure i would give you permission, i think you are one of them yob type moochers that go around breaking peoples fences, :whistling::laugh:

a good friend on here had a dog that might aswell be called a tumbler, very fast, very good strike, just the after bit seemed to tumble him, was always fliping thro the air after a catch, ended up killing himself on a run, :cry:

your bitch seems quite a light bitch and that wood wasnt no splinter ! :icon_eek:

suprised she came of so well, :victory:

am not sure i would give you permission, i think you are one of them yob type moochers that go around breaking peoples fences, :whistling::laugh:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: Normally you'd never know I'd been on a place .... but today we left forensic evidence :laugh:

Still can't believe she cracked the fence with her throat and never missed a beat. I suppose I'm in awe of her really ... but she doesn't half wind me up with her mishaps.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: Normally you'd never know I'd been on a place .... but today we left forensic evidence :laugh:

Still can't believe she cracked the fence with her throat and never missed a beat. I suppose I'm in awe of her really ... but she doesn't half wind me up with her mishaps.

more mishaps than me after a sniff of a beer matt, :laugh:

is she a young bitch ?

She's only 2 1/2 GTO .... fingers crossed she makes it to old age with all her limbs - and skin! - still attached.

And fingers crossed I don't die of a heart attack when I'm watching her :laugh:

She's only 2 1/2 GTO .... fingers crossed she makes it to old age with all her limbs - and skin! - still attached.

And fingers crossed I don't die of a heart attack when I'm watching her :laugh:

theres always glue, :laugh: ,

she got time to settle and find herself abit yet, atb with her, and your worrying ticker, :victory:

Some lovely photos there :thumbs:

That is one mad bitch though... I think if she was mine I'd hardly dare let her off the lead :icon_eek: That's a fairly hefty rail she broke, she must be pretty tough. I hope she does make it to old bones, but it looks like it'll be a miracle unless she switches the brain on occasionally!

The thing is MMT, what's a dog's life on the end of a lead?

I have to be really careful with her, wherever we go. The whippet is easier, and stock trained, and I can relax more with him. But with her, I have to risk assess every place I let her off. But let her off I do. Quite simply, I'd rather she enjoy her life than be protected from it. If she were to die young in an accident one thing is certain: she'd die happy. The only one who would struggle with that circumstance is me; she'd know nothing but good fun and the fact that I love the bones of her. I'd rather that than a long life of boredom on the end of a lead. I do take precautions but I still take the risks with her. She's mad as a bag of hammers but she's mine and I think she rocks :laugh:

How boring it would be to stand around on a lead all the time when you know you can run like the wind. That would be torture.

• 1 month later...