why are the best workers free

I recently posted looking for a good working terrier for cash to join my little team for pest control work as my old boy has been retired, don't like it but its doing him more harm than good . anyway i had loads of offers and a pm from member ( scal ) who said he had a little patt bitch for free, that works and needs a new home the only thing was he was in ireland ,so scal pointed me to k9 dog transport who brought her over for just 60 quid . the first time i took her out i new this was gonna be it, straight to work with the pack getting stuck in listened to me the whole 9 yards its funny when i think i would have payed up to 350 to get one like this and have done in the past but the ones you get for free allways seem to be the best workers , i even took her to the heart of wales show and she got 3rd in patt bitch out of 11 , I've had a few terriers for free over the years and they all seem to be the best i've had ,strange but true i like to hear from people what they think about this

post-41759-127408446049_thumb.jpg

Its usually because the people who give dogs away to good working homes dont put monetery value on the dogs = not interested in showing and breeding for profit = more graft for the dogs = better working strain.

If all you are focused on is producing good workers and testing them, it is inevitable you will end up with some decent stuff.

Focus your attention on £ or hunting for rosettes and you will get shite.

Just my opinion

:thumbs:

FTB

• Like 1

Its usually because the people who give dogs away to good working homes dont put monetery value on the dogs = not interested in showing and breeding for profit = more graft for the dogs = better working strain.

If all you are focused on is producing good workers and testing them, it is inevitable you will end up with some decent stuff.

Focus your attention on £ or hunting for rosettes and you will get shite.

Just my opinion

thumbs.gif

FTB

i`m with you on that i`d sooner see em go to 100% working homes for free than spend a life sat on the setee for 200 quid ...

the show was just for fun she was in the van and a friend of mine was willing to show her , as for monetery value i see what you mean and thats not for me and this bitch is deff good stuff i'd rather give a good dog away to a good dogman than make money only to put a dog in the hands of a twat who knows nothing that will ruin it

the show was just for fun she was in the van and a friend of mine was willing to show her , as for monetery value i see what you mean and thats not for me and this bitch is deff good stuff i'd rather give a good dog away to a good dogman than make money only to put a dog in the hands of a twat who knows nothing that will ruin it

:thumbs::drink:

just like with this litter i have coming down i have offered em all to good working homes so at least you can see how they get on when they older .. money doesnt bother me for dogs just a pitty some other people aint the same .. luvly looking patt by the way

just like with this litter i have coming down i have offered em all to good working homes so at least you can see how they get on when they older .. money doesnt bother me for dogs just a pitty some other people aint the same .. luvly looking patt by the way

what pups you got mate?

Hi You,ll never see good worker,s on here free.If the guy has some reason to get rid of a dog.It will only go to a friend who knows the score notworthy.gif

it wasn't on here the guy just offered after i posted if anyone had one for sale ,he's not someone i know but he's done me a great favor by giving me this dog for free i just wanted to know y it seems to be that all the best workers are free

Hi You,ll never see good worker,s on here free.If the guy has some reason to get rid of a dog.It will only go to a friend who knows the score notworthy.gif

it wasn't on here the guy just offered after i posted if anyone had one for sale ,he's not someone i know but he's done me a great favor by giving me this dog for free i just wanted to know y it seems to be that all the best workers are free

Wouldn't say all though.

You can put two of the best together and still end up with shit - some of it is down to chance and genetics.

Even the best breeding wont produce 100% workers, which is a common misconception.

Best bitch I have wasnt free, I paid 200 quid for her...

FTB

LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A DOG OFF A LAD OFF THIS SITE CALLED AARON, FROM THE MIDLANDS.

THE DOG WAS A BLACK RUFF COATED PATT .SUPPOSED TO BE 100%.STAYED TILL DUG TO !!

WAS THE ADVERT.. WELL IT DID STAY TILL DUG TO. BUT THE F**ker BAYED AT TREE ROOTS & BEDDING.

THE DOG WAS SHITE!!! I TRIED TO GET MY MONEY BACK & GUESS WHAT..NO F**KING CHANCE..

I TOLD THE STORY OF WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TO A BLOKE WHO IVE NEVER MET FROM UP NORTH.

AND GUESS WHAT. HIS MATE OFFERED ME A RED DOG 18MTHS OLD FOR FREE..THIS DOG IS TURNING

OUT TO BE A REAL TOOL FOR THE JOB.NEVER LET ME DOWN YET.WITH OVER 15 DIGS TO DATE.SO YES

SOMETIMES THE DOGS THAT ARE

GIVEN ARE GOOD DOGS...

BUT I BET NOT ALL ! I WAS LUCKY .. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: