jills not to good

went down to check all was well in the shed this morning, my jill came out with dried sick on her face and was sick in front of me not good, she refused any food i put in and wasnt even drinking , straight down the vets as her kits are only 4 days old , he gave me some powder to mix with water i suringed a bit down her she looks thin, he thinks it could be an infection after such a large litter, i went back down at 12 to encourage her out for more liquid tho she was strugling to keep it down shes stil feeding the young just woried if she doesnt start eating ,could lose all guna be a worying day :(

went down to check all was well in the shed this morning, my jill came out with dried sick on her face and was sick in front of me not good, she refused any food i put in and wasnt even drinking , straight down the vets as her kits are only 4 days old , he gave me some powder to mix with water i suringed a bit down her she looks thin, he thinks it could be an infection after such a large litter, i went back down at 12 to encourage her out for more liquid tho she was strugling to keep it down shes stil feeding the young just woried if she doesnt start eating ,could lose all guna be a worying day :(

fingers crossed for u my friend

Wish you all the best mate, never good to hear,

What is it your mixing with the water?

lectade oral rehydration for small animals , and great news i have been geting the stuf down her every couple of hours, and grea\t news she looks miles beter her eyes are bright again shes been to the toilet there was a big old hairball in there, also got some lactol from the pet shop and mixed that up she was woofing it down no probs then she even ate a couple of ferret biscuits and also a bit of hills high energy and calorie food the vet gave me which aids recovery , i tell you im much more relaxed if youd of seen her this morning i feared the worst , i wil go back down to see her at eight then ten but i think shes on the mend and kits are feeding away good job we have a strong bond and hope and pray come september she will be back in buisines , ah the perals of breeding a litter jill jabs next year :thumbs::thumbs:

Well she had eaten andrank in the night ,she poped out this

morning and was in full on mother jill

mode she looked like an old pro the way she was going about her buisines her scat had a firm one in it as well,she got a load of the lactol stuff down her then grabed a bit of meat and awAy she went very buisily as a jill with a litter to tend should do ,she didn't even pay me that much atention compared to yesterday. Almost ignored me cheeky mare lol well will just pop down every few hours today if she's after anything she will pop out . At least she didn't have to be separated from the kits for a trip to the vets , they will be 5 days old today I think there's at least 10 in there

Edited by Jamie m

good to hear she's ok

top marks to you, too many times do we see posts asking about "why is my ferret sick" and "its been like this for days" nice to see someone that uses their brain and posts the story after the vet visit :notworthy:

well she looks miles beter today drinking water first thing then a snack, every day that goes by is ok with me, she had some finely choped liver last night all gone this morning just hope shes not stashing it in the nest box , looks like she has plenty of milk no distress calls coming from the nest box just contentment , i dont know if any kits perished while she was ill will have a proper count tomorow they will be a weak old tomorow , as long as shes well , will just have to let a few folks down no big deal. :thumbs:

Edited by Jamie m