Bolting foxes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are lads who go all season accounting for a lot of foxes and rarely have to dig. Wether it's bolting foxes to guns, lurchers ,hounds or into nets. A lot depends on the type of terrier used, the

There are lads who go all season accounting for a lot of foxes and rarely have to dig. Wether it's bolting foxes to guns, lurchers ,hounds or into nets.

A lot depends on the type of terrier used, the type of earth and how you approach the job.

• Like 1

i had a wee bitch that would only bolt but last time she thought she'd mix and try and grab the f****r it was a vicky just a bit bigger my bitch is still in sick bay after 3 weeks ,she got beat up bad shes 10" tall and like a rat. shes got the heart but gets bullyed around so now shes a cubbin dog and cant be trusted on anythin bigger.

thanks but no thanks. i'd try it if i had to but prefur not to. i have a little bitch (about 9 inch tall) that i would like to try out soon. she is 2 1/2 years old, i just thought i'd ask how to get them (foxes)out and her back with out digging. i was thinkin of using big strong purse nets on the holes. as i don't have a gun licence. i know it's not how it's done normaly.

Just wondering how you plan to dispatch the fox, once it is in the net as you don't have a gun and your terrier will still be underground?

ATB Mike

read the pinned section for terrier work,you need a firearm to dispatch the fox.

bolting foxes is in mho down to a stealthy approach and releasing the dog as far away as possible(within shotgun range) down wind from the earth. keeping quiet and waiting without getting bored and wanting "to see whats happening".

know the dog and his way of working(loud is better for this type of work) he should not be so hard as not to allow the fox to bolt but not vbe afraid to "get into him" when the opportunity arises,beware of "flying" dogs and inexperianced guns!!!

make sure the law is followed and you won't get yourself in the shite.

waidmann

Thanks peoples. i was going to use a piece of steel rod with a handle, for dispatch as i thought it'd drop them in one hit, i do have a bow, but i thought that would take longer(i do know how to use it).but i will find out the law on the situation first. keep em coming this is a eye opener for me, regards cat hunter

Cathunter...You are a total fanny and a messer. I suggest you go and do some reading, learn some respect then come back onve your balls have dropped.

Hopefully the mods take this post away before it does some more damage to the sport.

We dont need dicks like you...we have enough already!

FTB

Sorry to offend, but i'm an aussie, and i'm not trying to start shite. i wanted to find out if it could be done that way was all, not every one has it easy to aford a gun and still do there bit for the invironment, i don't want fight, just do my bit is all