gasing them is gonna cost you a fortune mate if the farm is any size , my mate just gased a large petrol dump is cost him nearly 1200 pound to buy the stuff god knows what they payed him i would try talk to the farmer again and go for ferret and nets its nearly as effective anyway as even with gas you don't get them all ferret then back fill all holes then return in a week and do anything thats opened again then back fill if you do it this way you will be able to tell whats about good luckthumbs.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who said anything about sport or hunting? Can't people fecking read, this section is titled - Snaring, Trapping & Pest Control.

Don't get me on the rocket science bit again .....If someone can be taught the essentials in a day or two by someone with a lifetimes practical experience like pegandgun and go out and catch rabbits after, then its not rocket science.... its passing on knowledge, and that person either has the skill to become good or he's cack handed and never going to grasp it, its people learning from others experiences and failures, as you say that would take them years maybe unguided, without a good teacher.....saying that I'd give my left nad if someone could teach me the raw basics of rocket science in a year never mind days ... do you get the overall point I'm getting at......

IAN .......... NOW

I KNOW ..... YOU KNOW .............WHERE IAM COMING FROM ...........

CLOSED SEASON ? ................ WELL .......... IT WOULD NOT BE JUST FOR RABBITS IF I HAD MY WAY ........

OF COURSE IT WOULD BE UNPOPULAR WITH THE T-SHIRT HUNTERS .......... AND THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE CASES WHERE NUISENCE ANIMALS COULD BE CULLED .........

AND ... I KNOW IT WOULD BE HARD TO KEEP THE QUICK BREEDING CONEYS UNDER CONTROL ON CERTAIN PLACES ...... BUT WE .....COULD DO IT ESPECIALLY IF THE MAN DOING THE CULLING ISNT OVERSTRETCHING HIS TIME AND ABILITYS ON TOO MUCH PERMISSION ..............

......... THE SAME THING WORKS VERY WELL IN BOTH CANADA AND THE STATES ................ FOR ALL QUARRY

AND AFTER SPEAKING AT LENGTH TO QUITE A FEW AMERICAN TRAPPERS ON THE PHONE AND VIA E-MAIL ........ ITS PLAIN TO SEE THEY HAVE A DEEPER RESPECT FOR THIER LAND AND THE ANIMALS THEY HUNT THAN MANY HERE ...... AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO SAY IT .....

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES IVE COME ACROSS A STINKING PILE OF DEAD WOODIES THROWN INTO A DYKE BACK OR RABBITS FLOATING DOWN A RIVER INTO A LOG JAM ........... ONE PRICK I WORKED AND GOD FORBID HUNTED WITH :doh: WITH USED TO REGULARY THROW ALL HIS RABBITS ETC INTO THE WORKS SKIP !! ...............

I KNOW LOADS OF SHOOTING MEN THAT ONLY SHOOT WOODIES / RABBITS BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED DURING THE SUMMER MONTHES AND TO QUOTE THEM " ITS SOMETHING TO KEEP THE EYE IN " ..... FECKIN HELL ..........HAVE THEY NEVER HEARD OF CLAY PIGEONS ???

AS A SIGNATURE IAN ... YOU USED TO HAVE SOMETHING " LIKE " ............ " RESPECT YOUR QUARRY ... BOTH ALIVE AND DEAD "

WISE WORDS

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

i totally agree with duckwing , i could do with 7 months of the year off

THING IS MOLEY ............ A MAN OF YOUR TALENTS WOULD FIND MOLE JOBS ETC TO DO IN THE SUMMER ......

AS WE ALL KNOW ...... IT WOULDNT MEAN TIME OFF WORK ........ JUST A DIFFERING TYPE FOR ALL THE PESTIES

CHALKIE

HAS AS USUAL HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD ....... IN WHAT I WAS TRYING TO GET ACROSS .........

AND SO HE SHOULD , AFTER ALL HE IS A VERY GOOD PROFESSIONAL WRITER !!

IAM NOT IN PEST CONTROL AS A BUSINESS ........ SO CAN TAKE TIME OFF DURING THE BREEDING SEASON .......

AND AS IVE SAID ..... ITS SOMETHING THATS NEVER SAT RIGHT WITH ME KILLING YOUNG AND BREEDING GAME ........ OF COURSE IVE DONE IT MANY TIMES WHEN REQUESTED ...........OR WHEN NEEDED AROUND MY OWN PLACE ......... AND PROBABLY WILL IN THE FUTURE ..........

AND ..... ITS REALLY NOT THE PESTIES THAT IAM GETTING AT ......... AFTER ALL THESE LADS ARE GETTING PAID TO DO A JOB , THE OWNER OF THE LAND HAS REQUESTED IT ...... IF THEY DONT ..... SOMEONE ELSE WILL ..........

NOPE ,..........

THE LADS THAT BOTHER ME ARE THE TYPE THAT ARE OUT MORE IN THE SUMMER THAN THE COLD WET DAYS OF WINTER .....

THE TYPE THAT ARE OUT COURSING & LAMPING AS SOON AS THE CORNS CUT .........

THE TYPE THAT .......... AWWW BOLLOCKS YOU FELLAS GET MY DRIFT :laugh:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

i know what you mean , but like you said , if i didn,t do my job year round , then the boss will employ someone that will

its always bin pest control to me , i have killed summer rabbits even on unpaid permission , not just to keep the permission , but also to stop the landowner wanting others on to do the job i wouldn,t or couldn,t

• 2 weeks later...

Sickening. How many rabbits and where abouts - i guarantee someone would sort them for you and that way you wouldn't be wasting all that meat.

Jai.

Thats what the farmer wants so thats what he gets. Cant let the farmer down or my Uncle will lose his permissions. Do any of you know what to use to gas them ?

Andrew

Thats such a waste you should be ashamed for aiding him with your research