Out for a couple of hours

I can see the ethics of deer stalking go over your head as well mate.

Like I said i'm a gamekeeper/stalker have been all my life so have no problem with killing animals.

And i suppose I am a hypocrite deer deserve more respect than foxes THERE ITS ON THE RECORD.

No problem mate.

Each to their own as I said. You view deer as game and foxes as vermin whereas I view both as vermin but give them both the respect they deserve.

FTB

Edited by FightTheBan

Personally i tend to give every living creature respect ,even rats deserve to die quickly and to be honest im a bit surprised at you Mr Robbo.Deer are ,as far as my landowners are concerned deemed as pests to be destroyed on sight and before you say yes but they are my living, well, they are part of mine too .Luckily i do things my way and keep the popultion in check along with other species but everything gets the same respect .As to long shots they are indiferent to me as i would do the same given a better set up .Its easy to think of everyone the same level or worse than ourselves regards skill with a rifle but truth is there are many lads that practice with super set ups shooting much smaller targets than deer and getting unbelievable results .I get the 'not stalked 'bit but i get satisfaction from that part with the shot just the end result. Some get satifaction from the shot itself and thats ok with me as long as ,like this lad ,hes good at it .

Oh and well done Lee on the shot and a fine buck it is .

Edited by foxdropper

At the end of the day, you cant judge people basing it on your own abilities.

Its all about shooting within your comfort zone, and I for one would never attempt a shot like that with my current setup.

I know a few grouse keeper pals who are more than capable of shots like those - doing them regularly on lamp-shy foxes etc.

If the guy is confident in his abilities and is well practiced then I see no problem.

A bad shot at 50 yard or 300 yards will still have the same effect...

Good shot!

FTB

FTB , you hit the nail on the head .

Wireviz , the shot wasnt lucky but very calculated and accurate. Range checked with Leica rangefinder , wind checked with wind meter , all data processed through Exbal and scope dialled in.My mate is a very talented riflemen more than you could ever wish to become.

I never said it was stalking because it isnt. The people who always disagree with these shots are always the ones who do not have the ability or equipment.

I wouldnt take this shot for the above reason .

Just as well our snipers in Afghanistan arent afraid of shooting at distance , a Brit now holds the record kill at 8120 ft :thumbs:

Im with foxdropper.

Every person should have the same respect for their quarry regardless. I line up on a deer with the exact same mentality i would with a fox. No if, but or maybe!

So non of you treat rats, mice, or rabbits any different to say a deer??

I find this hard to believe.

Never killed a rat with a stick or put out poision?

Condeming it to a slow death from hyperthemia.

All life treat the same.....BOLLOCKS

Im with foxdropper.

Every person should have the same respect for their quarry regardless. I line up on a deer with the exact same mentality i would with a fox. No if, but or maybe!

So non of you treat rats, mice, or rabbits any different to say a deer??

I find this hard to believe.

Never killed a rat with a stick or put out poision?

Condeming it to a slow death from hyperthemia.

All life treat the same.....BOLLOCKS

You are making yourself look a bit of a tit John .Quit while you still can ,not good for business .Never poisoned anything in my life mate .

Foxhunter not only is your mate a good shot but a "MIND READER" to know that the Deer was not going to move. If you pair have seen a Blowen out wind pipe or brocken jaw why would you even atempt such a shot!!!!!!!!!!! And before you start giving me stick of not have the right weapon or able to do this type of shot I HAVE AND I AM ABLE but out of respect dont take these type of shot's Animal are living breathing target's NOT STATIC piece's of paper target's. Yes it is good to have to skill to longe range shoot but only in a emergency eg a messed up shot

For me it is a sport and the animals we are shooting at are moving targets some times fast sometimes not so fast. But you can be assured that my stalking technique is much better than your friends Foxy because that's how i do my deer. With regards long distance i have had chaps out with me that were lets say the best shot we have to offer, I certainly would not have let them take a shot over 200 mtr at a neck because the animal might not play the game no matter how much you practice.

Do i treat foxes different no i dont take neck shots over 200 mtr at them its central mass with ballistic tips. Can i shoot long distance no and i have no desire to i like deerstalking and i like deer.

• 2 months later...

gents wow all i can say personally i think the shot was recless however it was his decition to make it as wee all make the decition to take the shot all my quarry i try to make sure i kill them clean and swift and would not dare take a shot i dont have the experiance nor the set up i do however say fair play and good shooting recless but wow i love the thrill of my sport and think all quarry deserves respect just my opinion i see alot of experianced people on here with a lot of experiance and i am with john robbo much respect for the guy