• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All my dogs jump, i think it's important for them to be able to where i run them, sheep netting with barbed wire on top most of time, if they couldn't jump they wouldn't catch half as much as they have, if you get the dog confident enough with jumping accidents very rarely happen. I would get annoyed with haveing to lift a dog over every gate/fence, especially when carrying game back aswell.

All my dogs jump, i think it's important for them to be able to where i run them, sheep netting with barbed wire on top most of time, if they couldn't jump they wouldn't catch half as much as they have, if you get the dog confident enough with jumping accidents very rarely happen. I would get annoyed with haveing to lift a dog over every gate/fence, especially when carrying game back aswell.

never lifted a dog over a gate or fence in my life,even as pups,if im going into a field i know they are coming with me,its down to them how they do it,although i will say its dependant on the land you run obviously,which as i say for me,no need :thumbs:

never lifted a dog over a gate or fence in my life,even as pups,if im going into a field i know they are coming with me,its down to them how they do it,although i will say its dependant on the land you run obviously,which as i say for me,no need :thumbs:

Of course it depends where you run them, as i said my land the dogs have to, they wouldn't fit under or through gates and the fences are mainly sheep netting and only a chihuahua would get through or a small pup! Not saying it's compulsary for all but a 60lb lurcher that couldn't jump would be useless for me!!

its this barb wire what puts me off mate

I think a dogs a lot safer jumping wire than trying to run through it.Its dam frustating seeing a dog running up and down sheep wire ,while you watch the quarry disapearing into the distance .If you have a lot of wire a dog that jumps it confidently,will get hurt less than one that trys to scramble over or through.Jump or not jump a dog might or might not get hurt thats the way it go`s.Your choice.

never lifted a dog over a gate or fence in my life,even as pups,if im going into a field i know they are coming with me,its down to them how they do it,although i will say its dependant on the land you run obviously,which as i say for me,no need thumbs.gif

agree with ya there, completely buggered up a saluki lurcher one time getting her to jump a gate when she could have crawled under, she hit the ground hard on a rock or something, I leave it up to the dog to figure his own way now and you'll find they usually made the correct choice,

Guest arch1

Ossie could already jump when we got him. Theres a fence near us with two top rails close together, when he jumps it (If i haven't managed to stop him first) he dips his front leg through the gap. Gives me the willies every time. Seen him jump a 5 bar gate from a standing start once too.

Edited by Ossie'n'Arch

jumping is a must where I go. My dog started jumping when I first got her at seven month, but never really masterd it until about fourteen. Now she will jump anything with precision and only 22tts. My 23 week old pup will jump barbed wire fences allready but she's 22 and half tts.

hiya i hav collie x i wud rather hav dog wat can jump and deffo if ur a portcher u never know [bANNED TEXT] u need ur dog needs to jump so if a big ears gos under fence thats the end of the course f**k that U NEED DOG WAT JUMPS END ALL

where we are its alot of short fields with fence after fence so jumping is a must unless you have lamping dog's,but it doe's cum with danger i lost my dog in january jumping while chasing and went down a cliff face into thw water shattering his leg's.buteveryone to there own atb...

Edited by bunks