Disappointed by Hare Chases

I know some members on here find me amusing- some others who know me a bit more know that dogs are my priority and as long as they are looked after, fed have warm beds & not beaten sh*t out of I have no gripes or problems with anyone working the dogs or homing to working homes.

What is really starting to annoy me is the amount of working dogs we are getting through the pounds (NOT where I keep my dogs although we do get them) mainly in the North East & South.

In general - seized in chases, left on fields, escaping- the reasons are endless but when we try to find owners they dont belong to anyone??? They are never chipped , rarely tattood. They never get claimed- people just seem to have money to go buy another dog.

This week a smooth coat tri coloured Saluki bitch has been pts- WHY- because some one left her out on the field with a leg broken in three places!! The dog was in bad condition anyway physically from what I have been told - probably one stolen one from somewhere.

SO if some one you know is a saluki type short to what they were last week - thats why.

Ok police should be catching murders, rapiest or some one doing something really wrong but that doesnt excuse leaving dogs like this - its not the first one Ive been told about this month either.

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worlds worst can be new type travellers. Running about in spanking transits they would rather sling a dog than risk getting the motor confiscated. Kennels at carlisle are full of running dogs.   I

You run a dog on a hare in the UK you are a criminal. Now what do you do if running hares is in your blood? You break the law intentionally. If it comes on top you got to do your best to not get nicke

I know some members on here find me amusing- some others who know me a bit more know that dogs are my priority and as long as they are looked after, fed have warm beds & not beaten sh*t out of I h

Thoroughly agree tracy. Trouble is if the dog is "no good" in the current owners eyes they dont have a use for it and therefore they dont keep it. This means either doing the decent thing and selling it or giving it away or as in the case you mentioned, dumping it and getting another one. Also they are killed by any means available, usually a shovel over the head or a gun. I think people who dump a dog are C@^TS. I didnt use the word as i am talking to a woman but you get my drift. Question is what can be done about it? And the answer sadly is f**k all! Teaching the selfish b*****ds is difficult as most cant read due to decades of inbreeding! Lol!

• Like 1

Worlds worst can be new type travellers. Running about in spanking transits they would rather sling a dog than risk getting the motor confiscated.

Kennels at carlisle are full of running dogs.

I wouldnt tar them all with the same brush and it happens in all walks of life. Im sure Tracy will agre it is a tiny minority that would do such a callous thing. :thumbs:

FTB

Edited by FightTheBan
  • Like 3

You run a dog on a hare in the UK you are a criminal. Now what do you do if running hares is in your blood? You break the law intentionally. If it comes on top you got to do your best to not get nicked. It is a shit situation.

Maybe the dissapointment should be aimed at the government. After all if it werent for the people in pursuit of game, these dogs would never have come about.

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 3

I dont have a problem with chasing whatever. I think some of the laws in this country are downright stupid. When chasing furry creatures is a bigger crime than shooting, knifing, and beating some one up its a sad state of affairs. When it warrants god knows how many police chasing round the countryside in the early hours- thats even dafter.

Yes it is the minority - but there is no excuse for leaving an injured dog in a field to die because its too injured to hunt food or get help.

I dont hunt- I do live in the real world, if your dog wont mend then at least have the guts or compassion to give it some release with dignity. I know people shoot the dogs they deem 'arent good enough' better no life than to be passed from pillar to post to end up dead anyway.

Worlds worst can be pikeys. Running about in spanking transits they would rather sling a dog than risk getting the motor confiscated.

I wouldnt tar them all with the same brush and it happens in all walks of life. Im sure Tracy will agre it is a tiny minority that would do such a callous thing. thumbs.gif

FTB

thats a racist statement and some of us have computers you f*****g prick

Worlds worst can be pikeys. Running about in spanking transits they would rather sling a dog than risk getting the motor confiscated.

I wouldnt tar them all with the same brush and it happens in all walks of life. Im sure Tracy will agre it is a tiny minority that would do such a callous thing. :thumbs:

FTB

VERY SAD ..... BUT VERY TRUE

DUCKWING

Racist???

Fuuck off.

yes racist !

If that makes me racist - for stating fact - then so be it (i dont really give a shit).

I know from experience that it happens, if you are refering to my use of the P word as racist, consider it removed.

I am well aware that you are not the only group of people who do this, but dont deny it happens.

Dont want this to turn into a shite flinging contest, im quite happy to let things lie.

FTB

Racist???

Fuuck off.

yes racist !

If that makes me racist - for stating fact - then so be it (i dont really give a shit).

I know from experience that it happens, if you are refering to my use of the P word as racist, consider it removed.

I am well aware that you are not the only group of people who do this, but dont deny it happens.

Dont want this to turn into a shite flinging contest, im quite happy to let things lie.

FTB

i never denyed anything try reading my post

Edited by kevin from bristol

Who says it had to be a working dog? Who says it had to have broken its leg chasing? theres plenty of other explanations for a broken leg. I think its one hell of an assumption. Theres plenty of people with pet dogs that dont look after them half as well as MOST working dog people but because a saluki type dog gets found with a broken leg it has to have been a working dog and the injury had to have happened during a chase??? Dont get me wrong.....i know it goes on and people who dont look after their dogs make my blood boil but assumption like this dont help the true working dog people.

Regards

Amanda

• Like 1