Question?

Hi there Ok here is my dilema my bitch has came into season Now i would love to cover her with my male dog that i have but im worried incase the result would be that the pups woud end up with to much saluki blood. I would love to hear peoples advice to hear what others think. Where we are there are not a lot of huge parks. But i am willing to travle to run my dogs. Im just stuck with choices.

My male is a first cross saluki/grey

My bitch's sire is 3/4 saluki 1/4 grey

Her dam was a bitza.

Thank you in advance

Terrie

The thing is i know i want a pup out of my bitch and i also know that i want a pup from my dog! I know how easily it can be to miss out on the chance as i did with my last dog who saly was killed whilst working. Im just in two mind of going ahead for a few reasons.

some pups in the litter might throw more saluki than others that happens a lot when you breed lurchers together the most important question to ask is how good are the parents at their work have they done enough to get bred off and is there up to 10 homes waiting maybe more some times lurcher bitchs can have 15 pups or more :icon_eek:

Too much Saluki for an Ayrshire dog mate.

Needs a bit of whippet in there somewhere or put over a racy greyhound.

By the time they've built up speed the quarrys through the dyke.

Depends what you want it for, PM me if you dont want to post on here.

:thumbs:

FTB

• Like 1

Hi there Ok here is my dilema my bitch has came into season Now i would love to cover her with my male dog that i have but im worried incase the result would be that the pups woud end up with to much saluki blood. I would love to hear peoples advice to hear what others think. Where we are there are not a lot of huge parks. But i am willing to travle to run my dogs. Im just stuck with choices.

Her dam was a bitza.

Thank you in advance

Terrie

your male would put 25%saluki25%grey in to the pot

your bitches sire put in(3/8)37.5%saluki(1/8)12.5%grey

your bitches dam was a bitza so perhaps unknown%?

So at best your pups will be just ever so slightly(52%) saluki, 48% bitza with at least 18% grey+what ever %grey was in the bitza,this would increase the saluki % if there was any in the bitza, but on paper not overly saturated with saluki IMHO

Y.I.S Leeview

So at best your pups will be just ever so slightly(52%) saluki, 48% bitza with at least 18% grey+what ever %grey was in the bitza,this would increase the saluki % if there was any in the bitza, but on paper not overly saturated with saluki IMHO

Y.I.S Leeview

Aye your right bud, but were talking about field size and terrain - in which case a running dog up this end 1/4 saluki is more than enough. Small fields and rashy parks - no time for dogs who like to course their game need rockets :thumbs:

FTB

Thank you all for the reply's Yes my bitch & dog has done more than enough to prove that they are worth breeding from. As i said i dont mind travelling to work them thats not a problem. I was just thinking that i would be better putting my dog over her as at least i know he is working to good standard. And if i was to used someone else's dog then i would have to take someone elses word for it.

The dam has a whippet grey a touch of bull and a touch of minshaw in her breeding

ATB

Her dam was a bitza.

Thank you in advance

Terrie

Y.I.S Leeview

The pups will be 7/16 saluki, 1/4 bitza, 5/16 grey. It all gets a bit fecking confusing and obviously depends on how the bitza was bred.

As far as im concerned all this fraction stuff is a bit daft beyond a point. Simple question for me would be "do both the parents work well on the land and quarry you intend for them?"

edited because i made a tit of myself and before anyone sees, haha

Edited by Born Hunter

Her dam was a bitza.

Thank you in advance

Terrie

Y.I.S Leeview

tried to send you a pm mate( bit of info) no luck.???