Disposing of shot vermin

Although I have shot many different vermin over the years, I have never done it in the quantity I am about to. Previously I have either bagged the vermin and binned it, or thrown it into the undergrowth as it was only one or two. Disposal was not really an issue.

Now I have been asked to clear various vermin from a farm, which means I will be faced with numerous rabbits and other vermin including fox. This means I will be faced with quite a large amount of dead animals and am not sure of the best way to dispose of them.

What do you do with the vermin you have shot?

Although I have shot many different vermin over the years, I have never done it in the quantity I am about to. Previously I have either bagged the vermin and binned it, or thrown it into the undergrowth as it was only one or two. Disposal was not really an issue.

Now I have been asked to clear various vermin from a farm, which means I will be faced with numerous rabbits and other vermin including fox. This means I will be faced with quite a large amount of dead animals and am not sure of the best way to dispose of them.

What do you do with the vermin you have shot?

Put your location on here im sure there will be many people who will take rabbit, squirrel, pigeons of your hands to feed there own animals or themselves. foxes should be burn or burried but if your getting them in any numbers just hide them somewere were no joe public will see them.

Richard

i like someone who is positive, what vermin will you have in abundance mate as has been said put a general location and someone is bound to help you get rid of rabbits,pigeon squirels .rats go in the muck heap same with magpies

Pulling the trigger etc is the easy bit mate get some contacts and you can get rid of most things or swap them .ie rabbits for trout if your mate fishes

Exactly, pulling the trigger is the easy....

OK then, if I am going to sell rabbits, I would have to empty their bladders and gut them the same evening, but what about if I am giving them away? I don't mind getting my hands dirty if I am getting some cash for them, but if someone else benefits do I still clean them?

If I take the rabbits with a shotgun, presumably they are not worth anything and only head shot rabbits can be sold?

Woodies/squirrels I won't be eating not sure if anyone would want these?

The main quantity will be rabbits, following that there will be squirrel, pigeon, crow, magpie, fox.

I live in Brighton, East Sussex and the main shoot is in Halland, so I could meet someone in either location. Let me know if anyone is interested in taking any off my hands.

hi

zoo's, wild life parks and prey bird rescue/sanctuarys are good places to get rid of dead stuff (rabbits squirrels pigeons) if NOT shotgun shot. my local zoo buys rabbits pigeons of me........ as many as i can get. feeds the wolves etc. gets me a couple of ££ not much but a few and saves waste. rats corvids etc as above.

ferret keepers are alsways on the look out for free food and i know 1 farmer that feeds his dogs rabbits and his cats pigeons sometimes.

kind regards P

Your local; gamedealer will take most stuff in season but you will get pennies for it ,a local butcher might pay more but cant handle so much quantity .Far better trying to sell round a few pubs etc or swapping for beer

Pulling the trigger etc is the easy bit mate get some contacts and you can get rid of most things or swap them .ie rabbits for trout if your mate fishes

Exactly, pulling the trigger is the easy....

OK then, if I am going to sell rabbits, I would have to empty their bladders and gut them the same evening, but what about if I am giving them away? I don't mind getting my hands dirty if I am getting some cash for them, but if someone else benefits do I still clean them?

If I take the rabbits with a shotgun, presumably they are not worth anything and only head shot rabbits can be sold?

Woodies/squirrels I won't be eating not sure if anyone would want these?

The main quantity will be rabbits, following that there will be squirrel, pigeon, crow, magpie, fox.

I live in Brighton, East Sussex and the main shoot is in Halland, so I could meet someone in either location. Let me know if anyone is interested in taking any off my hands.

Im pretty local to you and i have no trouble selling all the decent rabbits i take. Anything not suitable for sale goes into the ferrets or a local BOP centre. There should be no need for waste.

When I worked for one of the big national companies, a technician was sent to a house to remove a dead rat. He told the householder that it was clinical waste and had to be disposed of properly.

The dead rat was bagged up and the technician left.

The householder watched the technician drive up the road, stop and dumped it in a neighbours wheelie bin !!!!!

All hell broke loose and the sh*t hit the fan clapper.gif

Edited by Urban Fox Control London