close season question

I've got a 7mth old BedWhip x Pointer who's dead keen on chasing Mr. Bunny, especially after dusk. I'm sticking with the close-season (walking downwind as well as up, clomping wellies, not taping up his tag), waiting to start mooching and lamping after the corn goes. But he's still going for them, but never getting them.

My question is: with a couple of unsuccessful chases every night, will he get put off by the time the season starts again?

Thanks, Nick

some do and some dont he is your dog you know him what do you think?

but he will be a much more physically mature fitter dog at the start of the season so he will catch and there no doubt be myxi and youbg rabbits about in the next month or so. i wouldnt worry too much :thumbs:

A lot of strange answers....If your dog is a jacker then maybe so... Most lurchers will stick at it. Most dogs arent instant catchers and all take a little time. ok there is the odd lucky one which manages to nail its first few but a lot of time this is down to the owner giving the dog the right runs. Dont let it run on edge tight rabbits, warren sat rabbits, or something that you are not sure if it is a rabbit or not, because it means it to far away.. Pick the right one..

Dont worry to much mate abouit the negative answers on here thats what you get. And if they persist in saying it will jack, ask them for the evidence and how many lurchers they have trained and it didnt work out! ... atb.

A lot of strange answers....If your dog is a jacker then maybe so... Most lurchers will stick at it. Most dogs arent instant catchers and all take a little time. ok there is the odd lucky one which manages to nail its first few but a lot of time this is down to the owner giving the dog the right runs. Dont let it run on edge tight rabbits, warren sat rabbits, or something that you are not sure if it is a rabbit or not, because it means it to far away.. Pick the right one..

Dont worry to much mate abouit the negative answers on here thats what you get. And if they persist in saying it will jack, ask them for the evidence and how many lurchers they have trained and it didnt work out! ... atb.

Well said chap :clapper::clapper::clapper:

ATB

at 7 month old the pup is exactly that a PUP, all he/she see's is a game, it's a chase and a run for the dog. i'll bet everytime it come's back it's tail is wagging!! just let it be a pup mate and in a few month's time start your education with the dog by picking his run's.

atb natter

(walking downwind as well as up, clomping wellies, not taping up his tag), w

clearly a piss take, surely

Mate if you heard us - it sounds like a one-man band!! And I don't go round the long way to avoid sending my niff past the 2 warrens we walk past.

No piss take

mate you have a kid and you take him hunting all the time an don't catch ask you now do you think he will hunt when older answer is no same apply's for a dog if he's only 7 month leave him in until september it will largly improve his chance's of becoming a good worker just get him jumping and retreving and you should have no problems mate