Chewing coal

Does anyone elses dog like to chew coal?

My jrt has decided to take a fancy to my coal stash, I have never had a dig like it before. Plus do you think it's bad for him? He's not eating a lot but does like a nibble every day lol

a lot of dogs like to eat coal one of my lurchers used to eat it as soon as the coal man droped a pice she ate it didnt do her any harm just try and put it some were were the dog cant get to it

i used to go on the coal round with my dad and we used to take our old jrt she used to like shitting on the biggest pile of coal it the yard lol atb jenna

charcoal is a traditional remedy for treating excess stomach and intestinal gas. It works by attracting excess gas in the stomach and bowels, which binds to the surface of the charcoal powder. This relieves the discomfort caused by excess gas (flatulence), wind, indigestion and heartburn. The charcoal is not absorbed from the gut.Activated charcoal is also used in hospital emergency departments to treat poisoning. mine have nibbled on the odd bit of coal in the past. and they are all fine :)

charcoal is a traditional remedy for treating excess stomach and intestinal gas. It works by attracting excess gas in the stomach and bowels, which binds to the surface of the charcoal powder. This relieves the discomfort caused by excess gas (flatulence), wind, indigestion and heartburn. The charcoal is not absorbed from the gut.Activated charcoal is also used in hospital emergency departments to treat poisoning. mine have nibbled on the odd bit of coal in the past. and they are all fine :)

charcoal is burnt wood,coal contains mineral oils/gases

waidmann

my beagles will always try to steal coal if they get a chance they just seem to chew it and spread it allover the yard we try to keep it out of their way but their sneaky buggers me terriers used to do the same then again they do it with pegs or anything else they can pick up the wife once left a box of 500 waste paper liner bags were they could get hold of fun i had after work that day.

I can remember quite clearly as a young lad, my grandad always used to keep a few pigs. About once a week, he used to give them half a shovel of small coal. I can still see the black saliva dripping, as they crunched it up with great enthusiasm.