100 rabbits a night posible or not

Guest midnight_runner

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest midnight_runner
Okay, so let's assume you're out for the night with your dog - one man, one dog - and you catch 100 rabbits - it's got to be fun carrying the buggers home, hasn't it? :no:

feck knows misty its been a long time since ive seen a hundred rabbits in a night :cry:

:clapper::clapper: :

i would like to see any dog catch a hundred of these b*stards

bigbunnyiu3.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

reading the countrymans weekly they were asking possible or not that a lurcher could take 100 rabbits a night on the lamp. i think it would take some kind of dog to do so .i was wodering what you lot would think and what cross would be best for this kind of work and with the stamina to do the job

:11: :11: :11: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

going back 11 years ago we got lost in hereford,we just kept on walking and walking through fields and looking for a road sign reflecting off the lamp,it was the most rabbits we ever took in 1 night with 2 dogs,we had 48 in the bag and had 13 in the car,people say the dogs done well but i bet 35 of the rabbits we had we walked within 5 yards of them with the dogs on the slip and the dogs were just picking them up,it would be possible in the right place with the right conditions with the right dog that would have to be fit and plenty of rabbits that were not lamp shy,best i think we have ever done since then was 28 and 2 fox on the lamp with 2 dogs,like everyone else rabbits round my way are thin on the ground and there seem to more people out after them than years ago

I believe it can be done..... ;)

SEEMS LIKE IT WAS ONLY A COUPLE OF MONTHES AGO THAT WE WERE HAVING THIS CRAIC ...

BUT HERE WE GO ....

YEP IT CAN BE DONE ............ DONE IT BY MYSELF .......... BEEN PART OF A TEAM THAT DID IT ON A FEW OCCASIONS [ 2 DOGS ]

BEST NIGHT LAMPING WITH 1 DOG ...... I WOULD HAVE TO SAY .... WAS 48 WITHOUT A MISS , KILLED INTO THE LATE SEVENTYS WITH THE SAME BITCH BUT OBVIOUSLY MISSED A FEW :D

THING IS ......... TAKES DEDICATED LADS , AND HONEST DOGS .........

LADS THAT WILL TRY THAT EXTRA FIELD NO MATTER HOW " HOT " , DOGS THAT WILL RUN WITH DETERMINATION ..........

SO ....... HOW DEDICATED ARE YOU ???

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

If the question is 100 rabbits in one perfect night with one dog then yes it is easily possible, If the writer means 100 rabbits a night consistantly with one dog then this would be an amazing feat IMHO!

Was out myself the night before last as the conditions were perfect, the total bag was 19 brown rabbits and one big red one that got a little too nosey for his own good ;) , all this was managed in 45 mins! The land was some permission that i'm blessed to have! No uninivited lampers so the rabbits were not lampshy at all and as this was the first time I had lamped this so far this season we had a decent do! I definately wouldn't have gone on to catch 100 on this particular night but the bag would have been big if I hadn't of called it a night.

Now what I'm getting at is that if my dog was as fit as I'd like him to be (and he is nowhere near that yet) I would like to think that I could have gone on and got a large bag, my dog wasn't exactley tired but I decided to call it a night after big red, if it weren't for him popping up and I'd have stuck to the Brown 'uns, well I would have needed an extra helper to carry the twats back to the motor!!

If the conditions were right with a fit dog on the right ground, then as already said I would think it possible

Regards

Danny