David Cameron: hunt ban 'a mistake'

An awful lot of votes can be won with comments like them and thats why he said 'em!

Tell me, if he did become PM, would he face the public frenzy whipped up by the media by upturning the ban..? Not on your fecking life, the media would roast him, that'd sell papers and he'd be in it for the long term, just like Labour, so he wouldn't rock his boat too much.

It would be nice to think he could help the Hunts a little, make life a bit easier, especially with Terrier work..... But for Lurcher& Terrier folk in general..... Not on your life mate!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Edited by Bosun11

An awful lot of votes can be won with comments like them and thats why he said 'em!

And the ones he's lost?

They were never there anyway John! It's all spin.... :yes:

I'd agree with Boyo, it's a small chance, so stand and be counted..... where you can, have YOUR say, push hard and you never know?

The public couldn't care less about it all. It was the hype in the press by the LACS and RSPCA that pushed Labour to the ban,( with a large cash donation to help), by using the parliament act, which itself was only created for times of national emergency in-particular war time.

Its your own MP that will decide it for you in a free vote. Our own MP had most "interested" voters against the ban, yet he still voted for it. (Labour MP). I never ever voted labour and never will.

The CA are the only chance you have with the Conservatives and your own MP. If the ban is overturned its the whole ban, not just part of it.

Try not to "shoot down" everyone trying to do something to keep hunting in all its forms.

The CA finances and accounts are there for any member to see.

You're pretty much bang on about the general public....Most are quite apathetic to hunting.

The whole ethos of the vote-ok campaign is to help win local seats for MP's that are sympathetic to hunting. In my own constituancy the seat is currently occupied by a Labour MP who is against hunting. The big push is to help win the seat for the conservative candidate who is for hunting, which in turn will help the repeal with another vote in favour. This is happening nationally and there will be a campaign loca to everyone here.

The thing I really struggle with is how many hunters, shooters and countryman moan about the injustice of the ban but when they are asked to give up a couple of hours to help leaflet dropping to try and secure repeal they are suddenly not interested. The only way to ensure the future of hunting with dogs is to do something positive about it...!!!!

now iam not the brightest button in the box but what i see is this conservatives will say owt they need to to get in then do what they like and blame the free vote just me beeing thick????????

Its not really an option for them.....If you look at where the donations come from that support the Conservative party a large percentage comes from the rural economy, large landowners etc. A lot of Tory MP's have strong direct links too, they come from wealthy and landowning families.

For them to go back on a promise to try and repeal the hunting ban would have consequences beyond just looking like a party of liars. It would upset some of the major donators to the party. Aside from that, a lot of tory MP's actually enjoy the hunt themselves.