RAT shooting

any one been doing any rat shooting? if so have you got any good storys or pics to show us? ive not done any for a bout 3 years. i love rat shooting.

the last time i did some it was at my mated house they were coming in from the drain at the back of his house and feeding of his bird table. so we put some cat food down and sat in the kitchen with the window open and wated and wated i think in 4 hours we saw 2 rats one there was no shot and the other was seen in a tree next to the bird table eating a bit of cat food so i droped the crosshairs on its head and wated till it looked up and wack. my mate said it did this super back flip out the tree by the time he had stoped going on about how good it was a wish he had shot it so i could have seen it. no more rats showed there face so we called it a night when i went to get the rat it was a pirfect shot in under the chin and out the top of its head.

i wish i could get hold of some good ratting permition apart from squirrel shooting it has to be my frvourite.

i shoot most nights....... rats only, as this is all paid work,

no time for much more...... :thumbs:

i service 4 farms which keep me busy, 2 are casual and 2 are very active. most nights at the active farms i manage 25+

these are all lamped, after being spotted with the yukon mono. however the light nights are now here, i managed more before the light dropped, than when it got dark 2 nights ago. tonights venture i only managed 5, before returning home for 9pm.

sorry no pics.

Sorry I've searched for it but the search thing is useless. Try going back through the air rifle pages!

Jack

Hey bud, is this the one you wanted?

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113933

Phantom

good thread that thanks tony

went ratting the other day... have just been given permission to shoot rats at a grain store and the place is teaming with them!! got 1 withing 1 minute of being up there and got another 3 that day, gona get a few lads together for a real blitz soon!!

med_gallery_41823_2875_138132.jpg

all the best!!

I shoot a fair few rats. I trap more though. With 3 mk4 fens I can usually get 2 and sometimes 3 rats every setting. If you do use traps remember they must be covered and checked every day. Any rifle will do as you don't need a lot of power as long as it groups under an inch at 25 yards it will do but short rifles are easiest in sheds.