dont understand

alrite there men just little bit of wat happened today while out wif my 2 hounds!theres a big long bog behind my house,took the beagle and the beaglexharrier bitch pup wif me half way up the bog i put the dogs in tryin to get the pup goin over the summer months wif the beagle.dogs in for bout 5mins the pup of 11months started up then the beagle so i new it wasnt a rabbit cause hes fox only.hunted the fox down the bog and back up abit to the huff field i was in i never made any noise cause thats wat i wanted to see if i could get a sight of 1.so fox out in my field it never seen me and into a thick ditch 1min later the beagle out and up the ditch to pup still in the bog.i could hear the beagle comin round again and i looked over to my right theres fox runnin down into the bog again.so i run callin the pup out behind me i could see and hear the beagle goin were the fox had went.now the last time i seen the fox it was runnin perect into the bog but just before it i seen its tail up in the air and back end.thought nothing of it the closer i got the beagle was at the fox barkin and the pup to.now this fox was wrecked still alive dogs never touched it just barked but it couldnt move.it got up and hissed at the dogs but lay down again.wasnt a vixen it was a dog so i left it alone and hunted the rest of the bog up.an hour later fox still there in the same place very much alive.im gonna check tomorrow if hes still there.i dont have a clue wat happened him can any of us tell me??cheers

yes i no wat u mean,it came across wrong there sorry.i left it alone because its out of season and ur only killin ur own fun for when the season starts.that fox could have a litter or 1 on the way so thats way!if i had the lurcher would of been a dif story!yea the fox was done out wasnt even makin an addempt to get away i dont no wat happened!

lol i mean it would be carin for a litter.i checked to see if it was there the day after it was gone.we hunted the bog after xmas and shot 7 out of it

just to say that the dog may take part in the rearing of the cubs but is not essential.if i see a dog fox around he will get the good news thats for sure.

for a fox to behave like that is not typical,could he have been released and not kmown where to go? any bald patches or other sign of sickness??

waidmann

id have put it to sleep.

Back a couple of weeks ago when it was cold i know of four fox,s that were found curled up dead under trees and hedges around where we live . I put this down to being such a hard winter and cold for so long but in the last two weeks my mates have been out with their terriers and pushed out two fox,s that couldn,t run.the reason for this i don,t know never herd of it before the fox,s looked in good nick they tell me .ATB taker.

lung worm? exhaustion after the mating season(weaker dogs won't feed for some time when chasing vixen about,to be beaten off by stronger dogs...........)

if anybody does happen across such a fox it may be worth sending to a vertrinary clinic/university to find out what the crack is.

waidmann

yea the fox came out of the bog dead on and run the fields ok.it just lay down.was a gd big dog fox looked in gd shape wif a fine coat.i took 2videos on my fone to show my mates cause they would believe it.i think ur [bANNED TEXT] bout the matin bit

Years ago I was out with the Border Foxhounds when a fox did the same as you describe.An old chap standing nearby said that at about this time of the year foxes bloat themselves eating frog spawn and they can't run far.Don't know if he was taking th p**s or what,suppose it might be true.