Bullet Exploded !!

Was heading out to do some shooting last night and I had just driven a few hundred yards from the house and there was an almighty bang in the car :o ...talk about making me jump I nearly sh*t my pants lol! :D I pulled over quickly and tried to think what the feck had happened. I checked in my pocket and found that I had a .22lr round in my pocket that some how had discharged I am assuming because the contacts of the battery cradle that holds 6X AA batteries for my Yukon Ranger had somehow came into contact and set it off. Thank feck I didn't have any 22-250 rounds in my pocket! :icon_redface:

Heard of that happening a few times before :yes: Batteries and bullets don't mix well.

Ah but Mythbusters failed to get one to go off by using it as a car fuse :icon_eek: so it can't happen, it's official!

But they didnt short circuit it, they just ran it inline!

Goto youtube and type mythbusters bloopers, and theres a sketch where Jamie short circuited it while Adam was still holding it and it went off! (accidentaly of course)

Heard of that happening a few times before yes.gif Batteries and bullets don't mix well.

Ah but Mythbusters failed to get one to go off by using it as a car fuse icon_eek.gif so it can't happen, it's official!

I ain't no expert is these matters... mythbusters or no mythbusters .....it was a fecking loud bang and it was very real indeed!blink.gif

Was heading out to do some shooting last night and I had just driven a few hundred yards from the house and there was an almighty bang in the car :o ...talk about making me jump I nearly sh*t my pants lol! :D I pulled over quickly and tried to think what the feck had happened. I checked in my pocket and found that I had a .22lr round in my pocket that some how had discharged I am assuming because the contacts of the battery cradle that holds 6X AA batteries for my Yukon Ranger had somehow came into contact and set it off. Thank feck I didn't have any 22-250 rounds in my pocket! :icon_redface:

Never heard of that before. What did it look like after it had gone off - did the bras split or had the bullet just separated from the case?

J.

icon_redface.gif

Never heard of that before. What did it look like after it had gone off - did the bras split or had the bullet just separated from the case?

J.

Didn't look much to be honest the case had just seperated from the bullet!

Heard of that happening a few times before yes.gif Batteries and bullets don't mix well.

Ah but Mythbusters failed to get one to go off by using it as a car fuse icon_eek.gif so it can't happen, it's official!

I ain't no expert is these matters... mythbusters or no mythbusters .....it was a fecking loud bang and it was very real indeed!blink.gif

Sorry that was my attempt at satire :whistling:

A keeper friend reccons he had a live .22 fall down beteween the gear stick on his SJ410 - Quite believable as the fabric surround was totally shagged and split. Says it gave him a hell of a shock when he dropped down a gear to overtake one day

Edited by Local